Search results

1. marcoi

CHUWI RZBOX AMD Ryzen 7 5800H Edition Review

i need one of these units to come with with 2x2.5GB intel nics and IPMI feature. ECC memory would be nice but not a need.
  2. marcoi

Anyone using TP-Link Omada based infrastructure ?

as far as your question goes: However the APs are connected to the network, as long as they can be found by the controller they can be adapted and managed by the controller. So you can do non poe main switch and then add a smaller poe switch like you have in your example. Or just use poe...
  3. marcoi

The QNAP TS-h1290FX Might Be the AMD EPYC NAS STHers Dream About

Qnap hardware is nice, but their software has issues. I regret buying my last unit, and while not 8k (like this unit) it was around 3k. If it wasn't a business purchase, i would have already sold it and went back to custom truenas setup. I really want to like qnap, but their software holds them...
  4. marcoi

Anyone using TP-Link Omada based infrastructure ?

i been using a tp-link setup for a few years now. It come a long way. I run the controller as a VM. I have Ubuntu LTS as the VM OS. Its simple process for upgrading the controller. Wget the software and run command line to install it. It will install over the older version. If you are already...
  5. marcoi

Anyone getting back in lately?

Well it's below 4 so I powered my units off. going to keep the hardware as it useful for other things and it's paid for by last year mining.
  6. marcoi

Anyone getting back in lately?

BTC down to 21k who still mining? I have my two rigs still mining on nicehash. I think its around 1k power for two units and it current doing (6-15-22) 0.00031968 BTC or roughly $6.86 per day. I'm running solar so it still worth running them probably till return like 3 dollars a day then i...
  7. marcoi

Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

do these tell you how much power each socket is using?
  8. marcoi

Dell r730 vs r720 power usage

I think going from dual to single cpu saved a bit of energy. There might have been a little more savings if you ended up with v4 cpu as they are 14nm vs 22nm of v1-v3 cpus but the price difference between v3 and v4 cpus probably wouldnt be worth it. Also when setting up the server, if you go...
  9. marcoi

What are latest/ last Gen of CPUs Chipsets (Mobile, Desktop/ Workstation) from Intel AMD still support & can run Win 8.1? As is or Mods w/o W10 push?

thinking outside your requirements, i would just get a modern pc and run virtual windows 8.1 while keep the PC OS at w10 levels. (not sold on w11). That way you get the protection of w10 and can run w8 as VM and have snap shots, etc.
  10. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

I will preface with : I'm not VMware export so my experience is just home lab. So i finally got a new cluster setup. I Setup two clusters for different purposes. First thing to note, if your VM is doing nested VM (performance counters etc.) that will not work under the EVC cluster. Thus part of...
  11. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

in the past it was due to newly setup QNAP Nas that had issues so it was data corruption. I just moved from freenas build to QNAP and assumed it all worked the same lol. Also a side note - was kindly told u3 is pulled from vmware https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/86287 So much for keeping...
  12. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

sorry i mean guest shutdown.
  13. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

yeah for most use cases shutting down and vmotion a vm will work. My issue is i need to move the VCSA VM off one host to another to do host upgrades. So its a pain to have to migrate storage to a nfs share, then power off VCSA, remove it from one host and register i on the other then start it...
  14. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

weird thing i noticed is when i stop a VM the Vmware EVC is disabled under that VM configuration tab. But when i start the VM it changes to Enabled and then lists a cpu mode thats not supported per the evc mode pics from prior post. Also i cannot enable EVC on a VM that has performance...
  15. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

e-2286g e-2288G cpu/evc metrix looks like Intel® "Broadwell" Generation is the highest i can set with these cpus.
  16. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

I tried cascade, sky and lake all three failing on host 2 with e-2286G cpu. All VMs were shitdown on host2 before moving into cluster. Dell r720 cpus are E5-2680 v3, but i have a lot of vms on it so i dont want to bring it down ATM. I have the host in the cluster now after i disabled the EVC...
  17. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

No i wasnt using clusters at all prior to this. i just had a datacenter with 3 hosts setup. 2 of the hosts are similar builds, third is a dell r730 server. i wanted to vmotion VCSA, network vms etc. between the two hosts when i do host updates. That was what i did in the past on older 6.7...
  18. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

fair enough. esxi 7 been a mixed bag lately so im not going to question it. Just wished i knew before i spent money on another cpu lol. Anyways i tried to move the host into the new cluster setup with skylake and still get error with the host. The host's CPU hardware does not support the...
  19. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

Thanks i did see that is the general consensus for fixing vmotion. I want to know why the two cpu dont report the same features enabled. My understanding is the only difference between the two cpu is cores.
  20. marcoi

ESXI 7 vmotion issue

Hey All, Adding to the list of ESXI 7 annoyances, i recently been trying to get vmotion working between similar server builds. Originally the primary build had an e-2288G cpu and the second build had an e-2176G cpu. I though the issue with vmotion a live vm was due to cpu generation changes. So...