Search results

1. B

[WTB] Supermicro CSE-846 4U Chassis w/ SAS3 Backplane, Drive Trays

You must have the original manufacturer box. Mine was from recycler. Due to weight and size, regular carriers don't ship them. I don't know the reason but mine definitely came with pallet.
  2. B

[WTB] Supermicro CSE-846 4U Chassis w/ SAS3 Backplane, Drive Trays

Glad I got one for $500 with the motherboard :) Hard to ship that beast, mine came one pallet. Probably shipping was half of the cost.
  3. B

[US] Quanta D51PH-1ULH 1U 12xLFF & 4x SFF Server [New In The Box]

Sorry, I forgot about this, this is the only number on the box. I hope it helps https://postimg.cc/QFjYmzmm
  4. B

Netapp LSI CLASS 3650 MODEL 0834

We are talking about the Netapp disk shelf that OP shared in original post, not any random Netapp Disk shelf. I have that disk shelf, it uses sata interposers and unless I am having a brain freeze, I am using the QSFP connector.
  5. B

https://www.eweek.com/pc-hardware/oracle-s-ellison-67-billion-dell-emc-deal-is-brilliant/
  6. B

After all, Oracle owns EMC. I wonder how long would it take for Oracle to completely suffocate its ecosystem and go bankrupt. My guess is 10 years. It is amazing how much founders influence the full company culture. :) Granted, I don't expect NetApp to be around another decade as well. Cloud is...
  7. B

Netapp disk shelves come with SAS/SATA interposers. In my experience, they are not required when you are using them with vanilla PC based servers. I believe they are required if you use the netapp controller and deploy a true SAN installation. On the other hand, I used mine with always...
  8. B

Any HBA with external ports should do the trick. I used LSI 9201 16E with several disk shelves. I also used other LSI cards, including the raid ones. Netapp is better solution as it is flexible on supporting both sata and sas. Emc ones do not support sata drives, IIRC. Overall Netapp disk...
  9. B

That's what we always think for 1Us but usually you can control the fan speed and keep them from screaming. I need to play around one of them to see how quiet it is. At least my 1u supermicro is reasonably quiet (quieter than the disk shelves)
  10. B

This is a unique server with high density disk solution. I have it brand new in the original manufacturers box which includes heatsinks, rails all the trays. It looks like this...
  11. B

My rack shakes/bends, is it dangerous?

Thank you very much! What is CG? Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will reduce the load and move the heavy 4u servers to the bottom. That way, even if it tips over, damage will be limited. The rack holds my collection of spare servers in any case, I will put some of them to storage.
  12. B

My rack shakes/bends, is it dangerous?

I have one of the following racks: https://www.amazon.com/32U-Network-Server-Cabinet-Adjustable/dp/B01C0SBJX6/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=sysracks+32u&qid=1659246691&sprefix=sysracks+32%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0 I installed all the bolts but I was...
  13. B

Supermicro X10DRG-Q Motherboard Dual Socket R3 $200+shipping

I have successfully installed the motherboard. I also installed a thunderbolt card which worked fine as this MB has the header for it. I put additional heatsinks on the VRM but I don't think it was necessary. You need 11 expansion slot chassis to accommodate this motherboard; I had to move the...
  14. B

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Aren't we looking at most 30 watt extra power usage over a system that would be using x10sll-f given that x10SLH-LN6 consumes ~60watt? IIUC, we can actually knock that off another 10-15 watt by disabling the x540 chipset via jumpers. My GS724tV4 is consuming ~25watt and this system is not an...
  15. B

EXPIRED Supermicro 847 45 bay JBOD - $200

NetApp holds 24 drives in 4U, this SM enclosure holds 45 drives in 4U.
  16. B

X10DRI - Saying DIMMs are failing?

If your IPMI is configured with a fixed IP, during the boot time, Board will display the IPMI address. I had to also fiddle on my monitor to display the full IP address correctly as display was shifted. Once you see the IP address, for example, 172.32.200.22 then you can set a direct cat...
  17. B

X10DRI - Saying DIMMs are failing?

Is this due to BIOS version? It is funny I am just having the same problem on x10drg-q and I thought I somehow messed up the board during installation as it was working before. On the other hand, I don't remember if I tested the board with V4 cpus.
  18. B

EXPIRED Supermicro 847 45 bay JBOD - $200

The listing says " no power supply and controller PCB ". If it is missing the power supply controller and fan controller cards, it will be another hassle to find and install them. I prefer NetAPP disk shelves albeit they are less dense and power inefficient. SM chassis are too tight and they...
  19. B

Intel 8124m board compatibility

is it supposed to be QLJ1? For example this one is QLJV...
  20. B

Intel 8124m board compatibility

Wow that's amazing! I am really surprised how WC621D8a can set custom multiplier and voltage. I didn't know that ASRock motherboards can do that; that's pretty awesome. How can I find this 8124 ES chip? I assume it is something special and cannot be found easily on EBay