Search results

1. IamSpartacus

Storage Strategy for Large Plex Libraries

I use the percentage full expiring script found in the mergerfs docs. https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs#tiered-caching
  2. IamSpartacus

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

I'm also using an H12SSL-i now with a 1660 and no issues at all. So this may be patched in H12 boards.
  3. IamSpartacus

HGST Ultrastar He8 HUH728080AL5200 8TB 7200rpm SAS3 $55 or less

I took 'em ;). Perfect for my offsite backup server.
  4. IamSpartacus

Aruba AP to IAP

what are you looking for?
  5. IamSpartacus

Aruba AP to IAP

The 300 series outdoor AP's are expensive :(.
  6. IamSpartacus

Aruba AP to IAP

Is anyone aware of any outdoor rated AP's that can be flashed to IAP's?
  7. IamSpartacus

There is so little to setting up MergerFS+Snapraid that having a GUI for it really doesn't make much sense. You set it up once and never think about it again TBH. The 1660 is not split up for multiple VMs, it's only be used by docker containers. I neglected to mention I also have a Quadro...
  8. IamSpartacus

Happy to answer any questions you have. Though might be better for DM instead of hijacking this thread.
  9. IamSpartacus

Yes, this is exactly what mergerfs is for. I have one mergerfs pool that is cache enabled and sees all the files on both cache and spinners. This pool is what all my media applications are mapped to. I also have a non-cache enabled pool that the mover script moves the files too.
  10. IamSpartacus

Ahh, got it. Yea I went the AIO beefy server route as it allowed me to consolidate pretty much my entire house of "computers" into a single box. No more PC's/workstations in my house. Only thin/zero clients that access VM's (both mine and my wife's daily drivers as well as an emulator...
  11. IamSpartacus

TMM? My cache pool is big because I use it for more than just a write cache. It houses all my "fast" shares and docker appdata. Furthermore, I keep as much "new" media on cache to maximize the the usage of the cache for streaming over spinners. My mover script is setup to run every morning...
  12. IamSpartacus

Google Workspace Enterprise Standard.
  13. IamSpartacus

Yea, I mean when talking about media (ie. nothing priceless) that's never been a concern that I've lost a second of sleep over. All new media/files get written to my cache pool of 8 SSD's. I run a mover script that runs daily each morning around 4am and as soon as that's done, I run a snapraid...
  14. IamSpartacus

I'm currently running everything on the below system (2 physical boxes). I've gone back and forth a few times running Plex on a different Xeon E-2246G system with remote storage on this system but I keep wind up going back to a single AIO server as it really simplifies things for me in the end...
  15. IamSpartacus

Snapraid does checksums so bitrot should not be a concern. I do a monthly scrub of the entire array and daily sync and scrubs which scrubs 5% of the array only of files that haven't been scrubbed in the past 10 days. But more importantly, this is media. If a file gets corrupted, it's pretty...
  16. IamSpartacus

I personally can't understand why one would use ZFS for a plex media server storage array over something like Mergerfs/Snapraid. I use the latter for my 200+TB media array and it's wonderful. 22 data disks. 2 parity disks (can use up to 6). Non striped means even if you lose more drives than...
  17. IamSpartacus

New Router Suggestions (Multi-Gig/10 GbE)

So you're getting 10Gb speeds between hosts in different VLANs on that switch or are the hosts in the same VLAN?
  18. IamSpartacus

Oh so you're not actually doing L3 routing between VLANs on the Cisco. My Mikrotik CRS354 can do 40Gbps L2 forwarding without issue. But I've yet to find a power efficient switch that can do 10Gb+ L3 routing between VLANs that isn't power hungry.
  19. IamSpartacus

I run Cisco at work. I have ZERO interest in running Cisco at home. But you bring up another point. ACL's. Configuring ACL's on Cisco is a huge PITA compared to something like pfsense/OPNsense.
  20. IamSpartacus

The problem with the whole "Have your switch do most of the work" notion is that for high bandwidth L3 switching you typically need a large, power hungry (and thus loud) switch. If someone can suggest a lower power L3 switch that can do 10Gb L3 switching I'll jump on it. Until then, I'll stick...