Search results

1. S

Move old threads to discussion area for old deals?

There are at least 5 threads on this page from "not this year" where discussion is taking place, the deal is no longer available and instead the discussion is more about troubleshooting vs. a current/relevant deal. Can these threads be either closed, or moved to another area?
  2. S

ZFS pool degraded, potential data issues....

Been having some bad times here with my storage solution. Recently had a few drives fail, the spares went into use, one failed. Bought more drives, and resilver finished, all looked well. My drives are in a disk shelf and I pulled a few drives in/out to look at MFG date on a few drives, and...
  3. S

omnios/napp-it: Improving write performance

Ok, been doing some tweaking, and using the benchmark>dd tool to test along the way to validate changes have improved performance. Yesterday I was at about 150mb/sec on write tests. I added an ssd for log and another for cache. I am now pulling in 300-350+mb, but it stays in that area for...
  4. S

napp-it: no log file?

I noticed on my box that my monitor is no longer displaying the colors/stats like they used to. See pic upper right-hand "Pool State: no logfile" I am not sure what I did. This is probably the last thing I need to touch and then can go back to leaving it alone and letting it run seamlessly...
  5. S

FS/T: 10gbe nics & patch cables

Doing some more purging, have too much crap :( I have a pair of 10gbe cards and various fiber patch. I used these to connect two machines. After doing some recent upgrades, they are left over/unneeded. Cards are Intel EXPX9501AFXSR XF SR Server Adapters Product link: Intel EXPX9501AFXSR...
  6. S

User authentication with active directory

Migrated from OpenIndia to the Napp-it appliance. Brought over my lic key, and got owncloud up and rocking. Now, fighting with ACL and user authentication. Just recently connected napp-it to my windows domain to integrate authentication with machines/users. One thing that I've stumbled upon...
  7. S

Intel S2400GP2 problems: Fan Reduntancy

OK, here is the skinny. I have two of these boards, both were bought from ebay. One is in my san, totally a happy camper. The other is in my VM box, and totally a pissed off camper. Link for the board: ARK | Intel Server Board S2400GP2 Huge pic of the BMC log here The error that I cannot...
  8. S

My home network: Progress

Hi, I am going to be moving so will not spend a lot of time reviewing or posting pics of what I have now. However, what I do have: This 'mess': HP 1810-24G v2 Intel 4u chassis containing: Motherboard Intel S2400GP CPU 2x E5-2440 48GB DDR3 IBM M1115 crossflashed 3x Omnistor SE3016 Intel...
  9. S

Wireless options for new home?

I am going to be moving in a few weeks and much of the home is finished. This means I cannot just run cables all over like I've been able to do at my current home. That being said, my servers/network core will be housed together. However, my desktop will not be near them. Until I move in, there...
  10. S

Having file perm issues...

I am running OI and napp-it. I had "gotten my hands dirty" on my last install. The long and the short of it is I broke some things, so exported my pools and then popped in another drive I did an install on. I had my perms set the way I wanted on my SMB shares. When I imported my pool, I had...
  11. S

Openindiana networking is not persistent across reboots

Hi, I've been rokcing my OI/napp-it box and have been loving it! However recently I've been playing and wanted to get more lan throughput out of the box. I had bought an HP 1810v2 24g switch, a hex port nic, and am wanting to do lacp between this machine, and my windows box. The switch side...