Search results

1. B

Multifunction raid card with network ?

This really doesn't exist outside of a few rare proprietary cards. Only one that I'm aware of: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/unique-oem-dual-lsi-2308-mellanox-connectx-3-vpi-combo-expansion-cards.30532/
  2. B

[WTB] Looking for Supermicro EPYC 1124US-TNRP Server

Good luck. Ultra series servers are only sold as complete systems, so their availability on the secondary market is low. AMD is far more niche than Intel too. Given that only a single AMD based NVMe capable Supermicro system has been listed or sold in the past 3 months on eBay (and it's not a...
  3. B

Need help 3d print supermicro X9drd-if io shield

Why not just buy one when they're under $10? Supermicro IO Shield For 2U+ Chassis (MCP-260-00042-0N)
  4. B

Shipping to Canada via eBay?

I'm not aware of a way through their website to do that unfortunately. Have to change it every time you search, which is indeed annoying. If you leverage eBay's API for scraping searches, it's not too hard there (or append "&LH_PrefLoc=2" to the URL).
  5. B

Shipping to Canada via eBay?

eBay doesn't want to show people item that they can't buy for the most part. Kinda detracts from the user experience.
  6. B

FS: 400TB+ in High Capacity Hard Drives and SSDs (SATA & NVMe)

Hours have been added to the main post. They were not heavily utilized and have been in a handful of Synology NAS that I own.
  7. B

So assuming you leave your HomeLab for a while...

That is unfortunate. I specifically travel outside of the country because that's the only way I get out of carrying my work phone on me (can't take corporate assets outside of the country without very high levels of approval). As for short depth 1Us, Supermicro X10SDV line and SC504/505 chassis...
  8. B

FS: 400TB+ in High Capacity Hard Drives and SSDs (SATA & NVMe)

Google Wallet/Zelle/etc preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly, though currently not in need of a whole lot. I think my reputation should help: Heatware Open to international shipping, which shouldn't be expensive...
  9. B

Free virtualization OS

Free versions of ESXi and Hyper-V Server support MPIO.
  10. B

So assuming you leave your HomeLab for a while...

Maybe not what you're looking for, but I've just accepted that things might break while I'm away and that there's nothing I can do. Just don't think about it while I'm gone. My last vacation earlier this year, I was over 1000km away from the nearest cell tower for nearly a month and only had a...
  11. B

6 - 14TB enterprise drives <$11/gb.

Worth mentioning: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/anyone-have-a-problem-with-bitdeals-tech.29248/
  12. B

Arctic P8 or other consumer fan for 2U Supermicro chassis?

Supermicro has only ever offered 80mm fans on the chassis, regardless of variant. Physical dimensions of a 3U chassis restrict the use of 120mm hot-swap fans.
  13. B

Newer Xeon with RDIMM support

Generally, if it shares a socket with the consumer line then UDIMM. Otherwise RDIMM. Hasn't really changed with the new naming.
  14. B

15w mobile CPU in a 2U chassis?

At idle, most modern CPUs are going to be similar to the mobile counterparts. There's not much of an advantage these days to lower TDP components like that and any power savings will be negated by the higher component price. Supermicro released a few X9 generation ITX motherboards with mobile...
  15. B

FS: Lanner Atom C2558 Fanless Network Appliance - $50

I used the serial console (just download the serial, not VGA version of pfSense) and did it all from the appliance. CF card in another system would work too of course (even via USB card reader).
  16. B

Had a line of people at $50, so guess it's worth the risk to some. :)
  17. B

Intel released a new stepping that fixed it, so, assuming the hardware is less than 5 years old, no defect: https://www.servethehome.com/intel-atom-c2000-c0-stepping-fixing-the-avr54-bug/ There are also hardware modifications one can make to motherboards to mitigate it on impacted SKUs.
  18. B

Does these power consumption numbers look appropriate?

Certainly doing better than me. I also have an 846 chassis with the same motherboard and I average a little over 300W with 24 SAS drives (mostly idle, but drives seldom spin down). Granted, I don't have the SQ PSUs and have the stock fans set to full since it's in a datacenter.
  19. B

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

They're not. The Marvell 88E1111 chip that is visible in the photos is 1GbE.
  20. B

Google Wallet/Zelle/etc preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly, though currently not in need of a whole lot. I think my reputation should help: Heatware Like the title states, have a Lanner FW-7525D. This is the...