Search results

1. L

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I am running 1.17.0, which I believe is the latest bios.
  2. L

I have two dell / wyse 5070 computers. One has 4gb and the other has two 4gb memory sticks. I wanted more memory. I used the chart of comparable memory from ASRock > J5005-ITX I bought 2 sticks of samsung 8GB PC4-2133P M471A1K43BB0-CPB. I can boot using one stick of 8gb memory. After quite a bit...
  3. L

FS: Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2400T and Intel Ethernet 10G 2P X550-T2

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007074/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html Intel says it is for retail NICs.
  4. L

EU [WTB] motherboard for Epyc Rome

They will charge you to replace the ram slot. I returned a X8DTL and they said it had a bad cpu socket. They charged me @ $50 us to replace the cpu socket. Call them. Likely far cheaper than a new motherboard.
  5. L

EU [WTB] motherboard for Epyc Rome

The H12 has a 3 year warranty. Supermicro is quite good with warranty support. They generally don't even ask for a receipt.
  6. L

$13/TB Sata Recertified Drives

I got everything working. I needed to update the bios of the highpoint controller. I downloaded RR272x_1x_BIOS_v1.16_16_07_06.zip from highpoint, and made a bootable usb stick using rufus. Now the four 10tb sata drives are properly detected!
  7. L

I also suspect the Highpoint controller. I have a LSI SAS2008 in another computer which I could swap in. Do you think it would work well, or is it too old? What LSI controllers do you recommend? I need a 8 port internal card.
  8. L

I am having a really odd issue with the four 10tb drives I bought. I have a computer with a Highpoint 2720SGL controller (8 interlal port sas/sata) Previously I had six 4tb drives and one 5tb drive in the computer which was working fine. I have a similar computer with the same controller with...
  9. L

I ordered four 10tb hitachi drives. They just arrived, and were well packed. Any recommendations on how to test them under linux to be sure they are happy? I will eventually make a mdadm array and measure its performance with bonnie++.
  10. L

I would like the RAM. Happy to pay for shipping with paypal or whatever.

I would like the RAM. Happy to pay for shipping with paypal or whatever.
  11. L

Windows installers allow you to remove all partitions. I do it all the time. Then allocate space for doing the windows installation.
  12. L

Supermicro Epyc motherboards - list of graphics cards that work - I need help to make a list

I have a supermicro H11SSL motherboard. It is quite fussy dealing with graphics cards. If the graphics card is incomparable with the UEFI BIOS then the BIOS will freeze during boot time. I have a lot of graphics cards that won't work. I want to make a list of graphics cards that *do* work. I...
  13. L

Based on what I have read, your RAM needs to be double ranked. I purchased a generic 8gb stick, and it would work by itself, but not at the same time as the 4gb that came with my unit. I got a 4gb stick from a friend, which would work with the existing 4gb. I have a list of recommended ram for...
  14. L

I have 2 of the dell/wyse 5070. I bought one team drive and one wd blue. The team drive was a few dollars less, was a bit slower, and didn't have any software utilities. If you can find a sata m2 drive that has on board DRAM, it will be higher performance than the team or wd blue drives.
  15. L

It is a SATA m2, not a NVME.
  16. L

The Supermicro H11SSL-I Rev. 2 issues thread

I have a graphics card problem. The motherboard seems very fussy when dealing with GPUs. I am currently using an nvidia K420. I tried updating to a AMD RX 560, which is a much newer card. I do get POST messages, but they hang saying DXE--ACPI Initialization. I tried setting APIC to “xAPIC” in...
  17. L

No longer looking (was: WANTED: High-end Dual Pentium III system/workstation)

I have 2 digital equipment corporation systems, each with one pentium pro for sale. Pretty sure I also have some loose pentium pro processors for sale.
  18. L

No longer looking (was: WANTED: High-end Dual Pentium III system/workstation)

I have a gateway 6400. Dual pentium III 933. Uses a oem asus cur-dls motherboard. It has two 64 bit pci slots running at 33mhz, as well as some 32 bit pci slots.
  19. L

$149 - XPG GAMMIX S70 1TB PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe - 7400/5500MB/s

I ended up buying a SK Hynix Gold P31. Reasonably fast and power efficient. There are not a lot of M2 NVME enterprise drives around. I do use SATA enterprise SSDs for boot drives on some of my computers. Generally not as fast, but I trust them. I have 2 intel 710s which have 40% overprovisioning.