Search results

1. P

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Sounds a little like the problem at the top of this page, which didn't get a resolution. I would suggest the usual things, update firmwares etc, and then I would look at temperatures if you can and make sure you're not shorting something somewhere. The slot itself is only 8x, irrespective of the...
  2. P

I have made some updates about hypervisors, given a recent experience I had with xcp-ng.
  3. P

Choice of HP vs Lenovo SFF for ESXi

I219LM and V on gen 10 and later is supported in the latest ESXi (7.0 U3f) only, otherwise you need to use the Community Network Driver Fling.
  4. P

Is anyone using maas or auto-deploy for vSphere?

If you like PXE, also take a look at FOG Project - which I've not deployed yet, but looks essentially like a PXE-powered Ventoy and potentialy a bit more Homelab-friendly than Foreman.
  5. P

Sorry, I was going to ask if your M90q is gen 2 but you already said it isn't. Not sure what to suggest because (unhelpfully) it should work. Maybe worth factory resetting your BIOS just in case and make sure it's up to date at the same time, earlier BIOSes apparently had a problem with IOMMU...
  6. P

I have done a bit of updating to the original post to add more information about the BIOS, undervolting, ESXi, and AMT/vPro; I've reorganised some of the sections to collect information into logical areas, and I will add something about naked SSDs (ooh-er!) probably tomorrow.
  7. P

Is your X540-T2 genuine? I hate to ask, but ...
  8. P

UK SOLD OUT. NOW £475 - Lenovo ThinkStation P350 Tiny new / i5 11500 / 8GB RAM / 256GB NVMe / 3 yr warranty NOW £420 (or less!) delivered

Last 6 units remaining at The ITBay, if their stock level reporting is to be believed. I did buy two when the stock level was 12, and sure enough it went down to 10 promptly - so it's probably right. I wonder if they'll get another shipment and offer them even more cheaply? :p
  9. P

I saw this today : https://williamlam.com/2022/07/quick-tip-esxi-7-0-update-3f-now-includes-all-intel-i219-devices-from-community-networking-driver-fling.html Basically, as per the title; so with ESXi 7.0 3f and later the community network driver Fling should no longer be needed on the Mx0q...
  10. P

Yeah it would be great to have a list of cards that fit. I measured the space in the machine to set what I put in the original post as a safe maximum length (ie 150mm) but it looks like you can actually fit larger ones if you're prepared to make your Tiny suffer a bit. I'm already behind on...
  11. P

Well, sorta. What happened is that because of Covid we could no longer get people in to our lab facilities (they're in NJ), so I could no longer evaluate new designs and vendor solutions. After about 3 months of Covid I was really struggling to get much done - my job is to define overall...
  12. P

I'm trying a Lenovo laptop one (which seems identical to the HP and Dell ones, but whatever) but thanks for the tip. It's just that £4.17 delivered is way more attractive and ecological than £26 delivered and I have to throw away the caddy.
  13. P

I suspected but hadn't verified, so thank you. I'm going to test out a random "laptop" SATA cable/connector off eBay 'cos that's a cheaper way to do it and will post back. How are you securing your naked SSD?
  14. P

Well, this has been a bit of a journey : Version Inventory OS / Hypervisor Usecase Pre home lab ("the wilderness years") HP Microserver iterations, N36L/N40L/N54L/Gen8 Xpenology / No Home file sharing 1.0 HP Microserver Gen10+ Open Media Vault / KVM Home file sharing, media...
  15. P

"Whenever Lenovo re-stock, I'm afraid. Sorry I can't be of more help."
  16. P

The answer was, in total, "No stock I'm afraid. Sorry about that." I've asked for an ETA.
  17. P

I bought a pack of twenty M3.5 black metal thumbscrews for £3.50 delivered; I wouldn't worry about it. I do recommend you replace that screw with a thumbscrew anyway, since then the chassis is toolless and you can upgrade the RAM, add m.2 drives etc without hunting down a screwdriver. But the...