Search results

1. N

NetApp Flash Cache

Looks like there is some kind of ONTAP vmware appliance around with instruction on how to install. My PCI Passthrough idea might work....
  2. N

NetApp Flash Cache

if data ontap (whatever the eff that is? Still probably linux based) could be installed to a virtual machine I'd say PCI Passthrough.
  3. N

FS Thread (CPU's, RAM, Icydock, Ryzen Elitedesk, Raspberry Pi etc)

bump - will consider trades for PCI-E 4.0 NVME drives (u.2 or m.2 is fine)
  4. N

FYI also I modified the slim optical bay to accept taller RAM (I cut it) and I have a quad port PCI-E x1 NIC I was using in it available for a little extra. I will reset the AMD DASH remote management before shipment. I installed the NIC because I was using the DASH functionality for out-of-band...
  5. N

Thanks and yes you're correct. Eight 5.25" bays would be a big stack of useless for most people :)
  6. N

Usb-c direct server to server connection....

Yeah I did parallel cables way back in the day what a nightmare - but we're talking about real bandwidth now and I'd like the ability to create very short-range high-speed networks. Seems like thunderbolt is the only one that will readily be able to do this unfortunately.
  7. N

Yeah I saw mention of these but I don't actually see anything for sale. Android phones can tether via usb-c cables but the port actually requires that it be able to enter some particular type of state (forgot what) in order to do this which not every usb-c port can do. Researching a bit more...
  8. N

Is it possible to directly connect two servers together via a single usb-c cable(or thunderbolt, even?). Ive heard about ethernet over USB but havent seen much on this. Ethernet over usb appears to be some form of virtual adapter so i realize there would be CPU overhead. The reason should...
  9. N

Thanks! And hope you like your packing material!
  10. N

B550D4-4L .....what are these slots?

damn.... I was getting my hopes up...
  11. N

B550D4-4L .....what are these slots?

Anyone know if the blue slots on this board are pci-e 3.0 broken out from the b550 chipset and usable along side the 4.0 slots? I cant find documentation on this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/304326446871
  12. N

Yeah i almost bought a PiKVM... Then i realized i need to be using an Epyc. I am trying to scrounge enough money together from old parts. The quanta has some form of ipmi though i dont think it does video.
  13. N

It'll be OK - I posted my Quanta Winterfell (not Windmill) with a half-terabyte of RAM. I'll need to post pictures of it because I'm sure people are curious about it.