Search results

1. R

UK FS: Railgun's FS thread

This will be a constantly evolving post and will edit as needed. I have a lot, but I need to organize it. I'd prefer to keep things within the UK, but could expand to the EU provided paperwork isn't that much of a PITA. So, to start: EP2C6028x 6TB WD Reds (WD60EFRX). Two (the white labels)...
  2. R

Disk layout vs performance vs record size

I hope I'm not conflating too many things here, but since they're all interrelated, perhaps I'm not. I'm moving from a 15x2 VDEV mirror with 3TB Hitachi disks (bare metal, E5-2687W with 64GB RAM, multiple 9207-8i HBAs) to either a 11x2VDEV mirror or 7x3 RaidZ1 of of WD60EFZX on a VM behind an...
  3. R

Broadcom P225P/BCM57414 SR-IOV inconsistent behavior/no longer loading

Hi all, This is largely a copy/paste from a couple other product specific forums as well as with the FreeBSD folks. I figured I'd also pop this here to see if someone has some experience with this particular issue, or if I'm just spinning my wheels here. I've been using OPNSense and TrueNAS...
  4. R

Suggestion on networking reviews

I appreciate I'm a new poster here so hopefully this comes across as constructive. While I think this doesn't apply to many, would it be possible to do get performance metrics on switches? In particular latency. It could be nice to see the characteristics of 100/50/25, etc to 10/1 interfaces...
  5. R

RAID 30 terrible sequential read performace

Firstly, long time lurker, first time poster. Secondly, yes, you read the title correctly, RAID 30. Let me preface the meat of this post by saying I don't want to entertain why this and you should've that. I'll deal with it later when I can temporarily offload and possibly re-do the array...