Search results

1. T

Starlink beta

Hey Trophy, The ufo on a stick assigns the IP's. The wifi router which is powered by poe is just a wifi router. What is your router situation? Something like OpnSense can do multi-wan pretty easy. If you want to serve ip to your own router setup, you do that from the power brick. Just make...
  2. T

Help! :) Quanta D51B-2U fan control via BMC / IPMI2.0 commands?

My understanding is a power cycle (aka unplugging or unseating) of the power supplies will refresh the bmc placing them back into their auto mode. But I have no idea how to reset them while in play.
  3. T

Starlink beta

I will keep this photo album open for starlink related things: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5xo8bdYxS9qhwZEd8
  4. T

Starlink beta

Took forever to run the very thick outdoor rated Cat-X (cat6 quad shield? or ??) cable, it has 3/4 inch diameter (1.5 inches long) ferrite choke about 6 inches from the RJ45 plug... So you have to drill a 7/8" hole to pass it through and if you want it to move through a conduit, it will take...
  5. T

Starlink beta

Fedex made it's delivery. Now I need to fight the 5 inches of snow we got to install it on the J mast on the roof... I am certainly going to tie off and make sure my ladder is firmly planted in the ground. And ofc it's Friday the 13th lol.
  6. T

Starlink beta

Yes I am in the PNW, specifically Eastern WA. They are only inviting those around the 46 degree mark. So about a band middle of WA through MT, then it shrinks in size for the Dakotas. I believe its because a lot of sats are still positioning themselves for shell 1. My understanding is US/CAN...
  7. T

Starlink beta

Looks like Fedex will be coming out to the house on Friday to drop off my Starlink kit. Anyone else get signed up and have a package in route? Some information: The pole/mast that comes pre-mounted and pre-wired on the "UFO" dish aka "UFO on a stick" is 1.5 inches OD. Turns out that is a...
  8. T

Should I buy a lotto ticket? Comcast screwed up, what to do with 2047 additional public IPv4's? Joking...

Though I joke about this, I did call comcast to tell them about it. Of course their tier two tech support probably doesn't know DHCP and DNS from a hole in the ground (at least this was my experience today)... Any guesses how long it takes for the trouble ticket to hit an engineers desk? I am...
  9. T

10 GB switch - questions

In my experience if you stay optical your compatibility will be greater. But if you are going to use sfp+ 10GbE/10Gbase-t (rj-45) transceivers then it is far more critical to stay on the QVL for the transceivers. I tried a lower tier transceivers for 10gbase-sr 850nm connectors and everything...
  10. T

10 GB switch - questions

My aruba 2500-24p died lol literally burnt up too hot to touch. I just ordered a brocade 7250 48p and 4 of the FS.com brand brocade sfp+ to 10 g rj45 transceivers. I got the 7250 off eBay for $205 plus $50 shipping. And the sfp+ to 10g rj44 trans. are $59 each. Most HPE/Aruba, Brocade and Arista...
  11. T

Help! proxmox webui not reachable via 10GbE ?

Update, yesterday I noticed all clients on the aruba switch lost connectivity, but poe remained up. I ventured into the server/network closet and found the switch case physically too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. Pretty sure the psu cooked itself to death on at least one of it's...
  12. T

Hi Wolvez, Thank you for the reply! MTU is set on all devices at standard 1500. Pfsense is not hosted on the proxmox server (yet). Here is an updated post I made over on the proxmox forums: No WebUI 10GbE linux bridge vmbr0, plugged into 10GbE SFP+ port on Aruba S2500-24P switch. Here is the...
  13. T

Preface: I am not a linux/unix guru, but I can figure things out and googlefoo for the most part... I've only added the components of my network that are valid for this post. Configuration: *Server 00 2x Xeon E5-2678V3, 256GB ram, Intel 540-T2 10 GbE, Intel I350 2x 1GbE and onboard 540-T2 GbE...
  14. T

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Hey Vicious and crew, I posted on the proxmox forums, but maybe you already ran into this before. "When ENO1 10GbE on server is plugged into Aruba switch via SFP+ 10G trans (0/1/1) and is part of linux bridge vmbr0 I can not access the proxmox webui or the webui for FreeNAS (also on vmbr0)...
  15. T

@BLinux FYI incase you need to limit your fan speeds :) Thanks again Vintage! Also BLinux/AOS The replacement 3008 Mezz card saw the backplane @ SAS3 12/G. So it was a def. problem with the 3108 card and/or configuration. Thanks for both for your help, just waiting on the 10GbE mezz card...
  16. T

QUANTA D51B-2U windows instalation

You should update to the latest bios version. In that version on my D51B-2U boots from NVME stick drive on a PCIE card. It also sees and will boot from my intel 3500 series PCIE/NVME SSD. The bios version seems to be 3B22, file S2B_3B22.BIN. You should update the backplane FW and the BMC FW...
  17. T

Thanks Vintage! Are you connecting to the BMC over serial? The only thing that I have tried is the web interface. If your using an IPMI tool, which one?
  18. T

Bump, no one knows anything about BMC fan control?
  19. T

Goals: Gain fan control so I don't have to physically modify the fan type, pwm intercept/external controller. I read that the fans are controlled in the BMC via this document here: http://www.staroceans.org/e-book/S2B%20IPMI%20Commands.pdf "64. Enable BMC debug message for Fan Control" It...
  20. T

10 GB switch - questions

:(