Search results

1. M

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

It looks like this will be useful. I was able to add a patched metadata file and restore a backup onto a different firmware. This allows restores where the backup is from a premium-only firmware; and 'upgrades' from a ZD3000 to ZD1200 without having to setup everything from scratch And I was...
  2. M

Nice, thanks. I've added a python version to the page so the whole process can be done in Linux. Update: Crikey, Python isn't quick. You don't want to be doing much work outside native C libraries. I had to jump through some hoops to get passable performance on large files, without dragging in...
  3. M

I found an old bit of code I wrote to decrypt Ruckus ZoneDirector backups and software images, and whacked it up on github: Decrypt Ruckus Unleashed/ZoneDirector Backups I'm assuming it also works to decrypt Unleashed backups, but it would be cool if someone could give it a check and confirm...
  4. M

Native VLAN Challenge - Ruckus AP & ESXi

I can't check right now but, assuming the icx switch works like my other managed switches (and the ruckus documentation)... if you e.g. configure a port with vlan 30,40,50 tagged & vlan 10 untagged, then untagged inbound packets will have a vlan 10 tag added, outbound vlan 10 packets will have...
  5. M

Since the only untagged traffic from the AP will be dhcp/etc, then you can untag the appropriate vlan for this traffic on the 7 switch ports you'll plug your APs into.
  6. M

Unleashed has supported vlan tagging the management interface since 200.10. The APs will still have their IPs on vlan 1, but the management interface you setup (the one which follows the master AP) will have the IP and tag you select. And all client traffic can be assigned a vlan per SSID easily...
  7. M

EU WTB Ruckus R600 access point (update: BOUGHT)

If can handle a bit of a wait (airmail from NZ, so ~2 weeks, maybe longer if the airline sits on it) then I still have a couple of spare used R600s. I can send a sun-yellowed one for €50 shipped, or a looks-new one for €65.
  8. M

Wireless AP selection

If you currently have no dead spots then you could make the assumption that the non-ruckus AX APs are going to perform similarly to an R610 or R710 to calibrate your pricing decisions. The latest AX APs have really closed the gap in range performance vs Ruckus. (I don't trust the reviews in...
  9. M

Ruckus WIFI-6E AP

I just installed Unleashed (200.12.10.105.100) onto one of my R650s, factory reset, chose US as my country, and cleared my existing APs off channels 36-64. I set the AP to optimize for performance, set the 5Ghz band to 160Mhz width, and manually set the channel to 48. Right after configuring the...
  10. M

Ruckus WIFI-6E AP

20mhz will get you poor 2.4ghz speeds. If you have rooms which you're needing 2.4ghz to reach then use WiFiAnalyzer to figure out which AP is reaching that room & set its 2.4ghz channelization to 40mhz. 80mhz will only get single stream clients (like most phones) 433mbps on ac or 600mbps on ax...
  11. M

Ruckus WIFI-6E AP

Something's not right there. I get ~1Gbps from both my R650s to an Xperia ax phone. And >800Mbps to ac clients. Assuming you already used something like WiFiAnalyzer to verify you're on 5Ghz & your channel is nice and wide (80 or 160Mhz)... Various Unleashed releases have had a 'slow download'...
  12. M

Ruckus WIFI-6E AP

This is pretty normal. Ruckus released their new APs with SZ and ZD support, then you waited for the next major version of Unleashed to see if you got lucky and received Unleashed support. Mostly you got lucky, unless you were an R700 or R730 owner. I'm a bit surprised at how quickly they've...
  13. M

Access points - port performance relevance

The most throughput I've ever seen between 2 APs/Routers is 1.4Gbps, using a couple of those disgusting looking $1000 AX11000 routers from Netgear and Asus. And this dropped to well under 1Gb by 1 room apart, and down below 500 by 2 rooms apart. Unless I'm in the same room, I get better...
  14. M

Well... they're offering to order one for you off Ruckus when it releases [next week?]. No idea how long the wait might be.
  15. M

WTB - Ruckus R610, R650, R710+, etc.

I've protected myself so far by only dealing with users who have a decent amount of history here, or on other forums, or on reddit. I only had one person stiff me for payment after receiving equipment, and that was a newly created account on the official Ruckus forum, so lesson learned.
  16. M

M.2 10G/Multigig Ethernet Adapter Announced - Ideal NIC for TinyMiniMicro?

I'd love this. Is it released yet? Do you have a model number?
  17. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

They provide so little support to their web forum that it's a complete waste of time. Better to ask here or reddit so you can be directed at resources like Fohdeesha's pages, rather than get ignored (most likely) or be told to buy a new switch/AP. Their latest forum "upgrade" doesn't even let...
  18. M

Me too! I bought 2 ICX 7150s based 100% on the availability of his documentation.
  19. M

Excuse my rudeness!