Search results

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I cannot tell what went wrong. Maybe there was an easy way to fix it. Going via recovery mode and reinstall from scratch for me was the easiest way because I had the step-by-step manual on hand. Backup of latest config I also had. All is fixed again. ... and never change a running system...
  2. T

Now I am able to print the boot log. Looks like going back to recovery mode is the only way to go.
  3. T

ICX 7150 stuck at boot after firmware update Hello, I needs some help. The firmware update of my ICX 7150-24P from 09.0.10a to 09.0.10c failed. The switch does not boot up any more. It gets stuck with prompt OS> I updated the primary partitopn. When I press 'b' during boot and select by...
  4. T

EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

I cannot, and I do not want to comment on the claim handling in this specific case. But I can say that the packaging in my case for two modules technically was OK. To be honest, I personally would have done it better by using a small box instead of an envelope. So, there is room for...
  5. T

EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

I can recommend. The two Samsung PM9A3 I bought are shipped quickly, new acc. S.M.A.R.T. and running well so far.
  6. T

Network topology – router, VLAN subnets

Hello, Hopefully someone could help me to optimise my network topology and move L3 routing to the right side L3 switch. To move L3 routing from firewall/router on the left side between LAN and DMZ to the Ruckus ICX in a different set-up, I once did in the past with help from here. The reason...
  7. T

Network switch with long support life

"cheaply"? If you have a source, please let me know. I am looking on ebay since month and only can find expensive offers. A 7250-24P and a 7150-24P I got cheap a while ago..
  8. T

Network switch with long support life

Keep in mind the impact of the noise of the fans. Like most of the 1U rack devices these are not made to place in the living room or in an office. The smaller brother ICX 7150-24P can run in "silent mode" with fans switched of in case of only a little bit PoE power is used.
  9. T

192.168.2.1 is my OPNsense on LAN network. ICX is 192.168.2.2. This line is to tell the ICX the route to find the way to the firewall/router. Not needed in your network for other devices to find the way. You either have setup the default route manually on each device or each device get the...
  10. T

Hard to follow the verbal description. Any sketch from your network would help. I suggest to first skip LAG and get VLAN running. At the moment it is unclear if the issue is in the setup of VLAN or LAG or router. Basically I am doing the same as you with R710, ICX 7150 and OPNsense. Separate...
  11. T

It depends what you want to achieve. In my case I wanted to use the 10 GBit ports of my switch to route between LAN and DMZ. If I go via my firewall, I would create 1 GBit bottleneck. But ACLs where required in my case. Otherwise having a split in the two networks LAN and DMZ would be...
  12. T

Add VE to the VLAN you want to have L3 routing in between. And without VE it is L2 switching, what means no routing. I did similar here but was looking for additional control by filters. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/ruckus-brocade-acl-l3-default-behavior.31723/post-294921
  13. T

Home server update: LGA 2011-3 + Xeon E5 V3/V4

Thank you for this hint. I will keep an eye on it. Unfortunately currently not listed on eBay in Europe.
  14. T

Thank you for all the feedback and ideas. As mentioned before, like most of homeservers, mainly idle. These are the advantages I also see. Here I am clear what I want. A single CPU board providing me the number of cores by a single CPU. I prefer 1x E5 V4 over 2x E5 V3. The key of the...
  15. T

Yes, a nice CPU. But what you put on the table is not Intel vs. AMD but old vs. new. The 5950X is from current line-up on ZEN 3 base and at much higher price. The E5 V3/V4 I started the discussion with is "blast from the past" but you get it used for only a little of money incl. board and RAM...
  16. T

Thank you. I will have a look in it.
  17. T

U.2 cheaper than M.2 NVME and 2.5" SATA drives?

Is it possible that U.2 drives are getting cheaper than M.2 NVME and 2.5" SATA drives? Two or three years ago I did research to upgrade the two HDD storage drives in my workstation. SATA SSD fulfils my needs for speed. Due to several reasons including increasing prices for SSD I postponed my...
  18. T

Hello, I would like to isolate ports to avoid clients to talk to each other on my ICX. VLAN 20 is my guest network. On WLAN access point I can use the function "client isolation" for the guest network. But this does not prevent the communication from WLAN client to a client on LAN in same...
  19. T

For my case, you described its purpose very well. But IPMI I need and ECC I want. ECC might not might not be needed, but is a good choice for a 24/7 device that also is hosting a file server and backup server. I do not want to miss the comfortable way to get remote access via IPMI when something...