Search results

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thanks, I wondered until I looked more carefully at it. I think I am good now. Thanks again for helping me with this!
  2. S

Thanks again, still getting an error though. I run these commands on unit 1, correct? telnet@ICX6610-1#conf t telnet@ICX6610-1(config)#stack unit 1 telnet@ICX6610-1(config-unit-1)#stack-trunk 1/2/6 to 2/2/7 Error! 2/2/7 is not in unit 1. telnet@ICX6610-1(config-unit-1)#
  3. S

Thank you, fohdeesha! stack unit 1 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module priority 128 stack-port 1/2/1 1/2/6 stack unit 2 module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module module 2...
  4. S

I am trying to stack my two 6610s, and I have followed the docs, but I am obviously missing something. Where did I go wrong and how do I correct it?
  5. S

EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you! To confirm, if the listing mentions a PREMIUM license, that means that X1-4 are 10GbE enabled?
  6. S

I actually have read his instructions and followed them to update my 6610, so I am definitely thankful for that. I did establish a serial connection to configure it. For example, I was having a PoE issue where a device was not being powered. I didn't realize that apparently after the firmware...
  7. S

Thanks, but that really didn't answer all of my questions... What are the various licenses and how do I differentiate between them? Do the SFP ports on the front and rear conflict with one another? i.e. does copper port 1 become inactive if X1 is used? Do the front and rear interfaces come up...
  8. S

Hey everyone! Just got my 6610 into my rack and have things mostly reconnected. I followed the update guide and things went well. I have a few newbish questions: 1. How do I find out what license(s) this device has, and how do I upgrade if the front ports are not enabled? 2. On the front SFP...
  9. S

I ordered the DAC breakout I linked above today. I hope it works!
  10. S

As far as a breakout cable goes to connect my ESXI and pfSense boxes (each one has 2 SFP ports), would this work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/40Gb-QSFP-to-4x-10Gb-SFP-DAC-Breakout-Cable-1-5-Meters-1-5M-30-AWG/174163215738?hash=item288cefc57a:g:Z98AAOSwt69eJgaf I found this one as well. I assume...
  11. S

Remember there is a big difference between device 49 and device 96. I just maxed out my old 48 port switch, and need just a few more ports, particularly PoE. I didn't see the value in buying a 24 port switch as a second unit - just to be safe. So if I were to buy a total of 4 fiber...
  12. S

Thank you, exactly the concise info I needed. Appreciate it!
  13. S

Thank you, that does help. In terms of how to physically achieve that, what hardware and cables would I use? How do you prefer to make your rack device connections? I am leaning towards using two of the 40 ports to stack so I maximize future 10gbps for devices in the future. I think 80 is plenty...
  14. S

So to further qualify my original question on connectivity, what should I be using between the rack devices to maximize throughput in a cost-effective manner? If it is reasonably affordable, I would like max speed (40?) between the two 6610s in particular. Then I have my ESXI host and my...
  15. S

Thank you. Is there a SKU or part number on these PSUs? Does the Revision apply to the chassis itself, or the PSU?
  16. S

It is two for the number of ports required throughout the house, not just the rack. I subscribe to the belief that WiFi is for convenience, and for devices without ethernet. If a piece of gear has an RJ-45, it is getting a wire. I just eclipsed the capacity of my first switch with all of the...
  17. S

Does anyone have a link to a reseller who offers the AC version of the PSUs for the 6610 so I can put redundant in and also maybe have a cold spare or two? Does the Rev B/C apply to the chassis of the 6610 itself, or does the revision apply to the individual PSUs? Thanks!
  18. S

Thank you for the follow up. If you were in my shoes, and had all of your gear in a single rack, would you still use one of the breakout cables such as the one you linked? I have a whitebox pfSense firewall that has two SFP ports, and then I have a second (almost identical) whitebox (both are...
  19. S

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it is out of stock. What does your connectivity between your firewall/router and your first 6610? What cables/modules? How do you plan to link the switches?
  20. S

Just ordered my first 6610 to replace my home lab switch. I will probably be buying a second one soon after I get this first one configured. What is the preferred method (transceivers and cable parts) to link these? I also have a custom pfSense (Supermicro E300) box I just built that has SFP...