M.2 PCIe SSD to PCIe 3.0 x4 and M.2 SATA SSD to SATA III Adapter Card

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nom

Oct 5, 2015
Looks like a cool (generic) Dual M.2 adaptor card $25
One M.2 slot connected to PCI-E slot, the other to SATA port.
SATA port could be handy to boot where motherboard does not boot from PCI-E???

(I have not shopped around to see what other M.2 PCI-E cards are avail)

M.2 PCIe SSD to PCIe 3.0 x4 and M.2 SATA SSD to SATA III Adapter Card......
That particular seller is massively overpriced - the Asian sellers are about 75% cheaper 2Port NGFF M.2 B+M Key SSD to PCI-E PCI Express 4X 4 Lane Converter Card Adapter

DonJon

Apr 9, 2016
I have one of those cards from the same seller but I bought it from amazon for around $18. I wanted quick and I bought it with amazon prime. They worked really very well. It came with low profile bracket that I needed and a few other accessories. And then I ordered one from a Chinese seller for another one and its not of the same quality and did not come with a low profile bracket or other accessories.

The card works with the newest NVMe SSDs. I'm using Samsung 950 Pros and get insane speeds. Windows 10 boots in 6 seconds. Of course for booting OS from NVMe need supporting motherboard and BIOS. But it works perfectly (even NVMe) in older motherboards as data drives without anything special needed. Also can use a SATA M.2 in other slot with a SATA connection to the motherboard. SATA M.2 can boot from any motherboard just like any other SATA drive. Very useful if you have an old motherboard that does not have M.2 and want to take advantage of the greater speeds of NVMe M.2 or SATA M.2.

Link to amazon Amazon.com: Best Compute M.2 PCIe SSD to PCIe 3.0 x4 and M.2 SATA SSD to SATA III Adapter Card: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
Reactions: Boddy

lucidrenegade

Dec 12, 2011
I suppose the bios must support "pcie-swicth" feature in order to be able to put 2 M.2 SSD on it ?
Only one of the M.2 sockets is PCI-E. The other is SATA, so you need to connect the SATA connector to a SATA port on your motherboard.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Thanks @DonJon for your insightful and valuable feedback. Much appreciated. I'm now very tempted to buy one know I know how it works on older MB. Seller on Amazon is currently selling them for $17.75. Cheers :)