WTB: ST4000DM000 - Seagate 4TB 3.5 Sata Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
I'm looking again... Already used up the space of my last expansion... Looking for 12 this go around...
Must be the model referenced, must pass all SMART tests, prefer low hours, would like warranty if available but not necessary.

Drives meeting above specs. Paying $65/shipped for non warrantied low hours. Thanks!

These were the really popular drives to shuck from the expansion USB drives. Pricing for the USB models got down to $95/piece.

Let me know what you got.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlexS

Apr 12, 2016
Clifton Park, NY 12065
I have 10 of them.

Have been used to build a storage server that never got deployed, about 600-800 hours of idle time.

One drive has been used for occasional backup.

I can provide DiskInfo screen shots for all units.

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
I have 10 of them.

Have been used to build a storage server that never got deployed, about 600-800 hours of idle time.

One drive has been used for occasional backup.

I can provide DiskInfo screen shots for all units.
PM'd

Skye

Jul 5, 2016
I've got 3 if you are interested Natelabo. 2 have been in my Unraid server for less than 45 days and 1 is a standby for hit swap that never made it into the array.

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
What's special about this particular model?
Power and about the best GB/price ratio you can find... Price/bay/utilization calculation is not a problem for me yet as I have about 24 bays available... I'm dealing with a ton of spindles so performance is a non issue. Finally I standardized on them about a year ago. Cheaper for me to add rather then swap to larger capacity...

I responded to others in this post haven't heard back... let me know. Thanks!

Skye

Jul 5, 2016
Natelabo,

Here are the smart tests for the 3 disks we talked about.

disk1 smart.PNG Disk2 smart.PNG Disk3 smart.PNG

natelabo

Jun 29, 2016
I'm looking again... Already used up the space of my last expansion... Looking for 12 this go around... Paying $65/shipped for non warrantied low hours. Thanks!