The majority of the stuff I order from eBay comes from either California or Texas

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Occasionally something comes from somewhere else but not very often. Being on the wrong coast means I usually have to wait at least a week before my treasure arrives. Locally, there is absolutely ziltch available. I searched for a rack for months, and not a single one popped up, before finally ordering one off eBay (Shipped from Texas). Enterprise grade stuff? SSD's? switches? Fiber? forget it. Thank god for eBay and the Internet.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I feel your pain. Anytime I even need just small stuff like cables I wind up having to wait over a week for them because they get shipped via first class. Very frustrating.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I often request faster shipping. I bought 256GB DDR4 and they were nice enough to 2-day FedEx it for me.

But California being home to Silicon Valley and the largest US population state, and Texas being the second largest by population (and having Dell/ HPE there), means a lot of this gear comes from CA/ TX.

jseba

Aug 31, 2014
Rolla, MO
Yeah, living just two states north of Texas means standard shipping is about three days normally, provided I remember to order before Thursday. The midwest is nice for shipping in general because of the whole "in the middle of the US" thing, few items I've ordered end up in transit more than 5 business days. Waiting on them to actually be shipped however...

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
It is really depressing to wait for so long to receive my items, I have that experience, too. so I won't buy from ebay.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I think it depends on where you live on the East coast - outside Philly I will get things in 2-4 days typically depending on what it is and how together the seller is in terms of getting it out the door when I pay for it. When I need things faster I have offered to the seller to put it on my FedEx/UPS accounts and that usually is enough to prompt them to turn it around quickly.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
Occasionally something comes from somewhere else but not very often. Being on the wrong coast means I usually have to wait at least a week before my treasure arrives. Locally, there is absolutely ziltch available. I searched for a rack for months, and not a single one popped up, before finally ordering one off eBay (Shipped from Texas). Enterprise grade stuff? SSD's? switches? Fiber? forget it. Thank god for eBay and the Internet.
OK it may be a bit of an exaggeration, and possibly hubris, or just trying to tease Texans a bit, but I say the Texas gear actually comes from California companies who are just hosting or recycling it in Texas...

jjoyceiv

May 31, 2016
If you want to talk about dry as a bone, try Alabama...

Luckily, we're not too far from Atlanta here (~100mi), but that's still a long way to drive for certain gear.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
A little under 2 weeks USPS from parts from Hungary... not too bad ;)

LOL @dba sure a good % is true!