Motherboard/CPU/Memory Bundles for sale

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ray

Apr 24, 2016
PA
I'm with groundzyy, my order is somewhere in Fedex land and I just got the 10% offer too. I'll vote for a coupon match :)

NATEX

Natex Representative
Mar 7, 2016
Send me an email please so I can take care of this for you,
Thanks!

polar101

Mar 19, 2016
Deal #2 with the fans on full blast is loud sitting next to the server. I updated the bios, etc and with a modified 2600.sdr file drops the fan speeds to half making it bearable if sitting next to it. The temps are around 35-47 degrees. The fan speeds can be lower.

Reactions: watersb and Sergio

wookienz

Apr 2, 2012
thanks. Sounds like i may need to drop another deal # into my 4U box with BFO fans to keep it quiet.

Russ

Apr 27, 2016
Deal #2 with the fans on full blast is loud sitting next to the server. I updated the bios, etc and with a modified 2600.sdr file drops the fan speeds to half making it bearable if sitting next to it. The temps are around 35-47 degrees. The fan speeds can be lower.
Hi, what is modified 2600.sdr file? I am a newbie to the server and have the same problem, may you explain a little bit? I would like to reduce the fan speed too, thanks!

matthew5025

Mar 21, 2016
Hi, what is modified 2600.sdr file? I am a newbie to the server and have the same problem, may you explain a little bit? I would like to reduce the fan speed too, thanks!
SDR = Sensor data record. Basically a file that tells the mobo what speed to run the fans at depending on the temperature. You can check this site out if you want to edit the original SDR file.
Limiting full-speed fans on an Intel Server Board in a non-Intel chassis

If not, perhaps polar would be nice enough to upload his SDR file so you can flash his directly.

Russ

Apr 27, 2016
SDR = Sensor data record. Basically a file that tells the mobo what speed to run the fans at depending on the temperature. You can check this site out if you want to edit the original SDR file.
Limiting full-speed fans on an Intel Server Board in a non-Intel chassis

If not, perhaps polar would be nice enough to upload his SDR file so you can flash his directly.
Thanks for the info.
No wonder when I changed fan PWM offset from 100 to 0, did not see any difference with Chenbro chasis.

Russ

Apr 27, 2016
Here is the updated sdr file for Chembro 1u case. After downloading then rename file name from s2600.sdr.pdf to s2600.sdr
Thanks!
so I just do the following
1. boot into EFI shell
2. then update SDR file with "FRUSDR /cfg master.cfg"
3. reboot, do FRUSDR in EFI shell to pick and set fan speed?

polar101

Mar 19, 2016
I downloaded the newest Intel bios, me, bmc and frusdr combine file and ran the instructions that updates all with the substituted modified sdr file. With the usb flash drive in rear usb port, enter bios to get EFI shell and restart. The computer found usb drive and auto started the Startup.nsh which updated all the steps. I answered the FRU questions incorrectly but it updated using the modified sdr file anyway. The fans are at half speed and only ramps up when cpu's needed it. Good start. You can fine tune the sdr file with notepad in windows.

Russ

Apr 27, 2016
I downloaded the newest Intel bios, me, bmc and frusdr combine file and ran the instructions that updates all with the substituted modified sdr file. With the usb flash drive in rear usb port, enter bios to get EFI shell and restart. The computer found usb drive and auto started the Startup.nsh which updated all the steps. I answered the FRU questions incorrectly but it updated using the modified sdr file anyway. The fans are at half speed and only ramps up when cpu's needed it. Good start. You can fine tune the sdr file with notepad in windows.
I failed to update SDR due to platform ID issue, but the fan noise is much better after the bios update somehow.:)

Ray

Apr 24, 2016
PA
I don't have anything connected to System Fan 3, 4, or 5 on my 2600CP and of course, that gives me a critical error. Would setting those values to zero in the SDR file remove the error notices?

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
No wonder when I changed fan PWM offset from 100 to 0, did not see any difference with Chenbro chasis.
That's because that setting doesn't do what you think it does. It only does anything if you enable the mode that allows the BMC to completely stop the fans.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
@NATEX questions about the Intel S2600 board+chip+RAM combo:
  1. I was doing some research and some folks report challenges getting these to work in non-Intel chassis. Several Newegg reviews suggests that even Intel support insists that an Intel chassis must be used. Is this the case? (no pun intended)
  2. Intel's documentation is a bit fuzzy on the BMC/IPMI support of these boards, suggesting an additional hardware key is needed, is this true? What type of ILOM support does the board come with? iKVM redirect? Virtual Media mounting?

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway
  1. Intel's documentation is a bit fuzzy on the BMC/IPMI support of these boards, suggesting an additional hardware key is needed, is this true? What type of ILOM support does the board come with? iKVM redirect? Virtual Media mounting?
For this you need either AXXRMM4 or AXXRMM4Lite

-Jannis

pc-tecky

May 1, 2013
@chinesestunna, depends: page 62 (maybe 61) on the Intel Xeon E5 Deal and Price Tracking thread has details on cheaper Intel specific chassis. Although Intel lists some third party chassis too: newer Chenbro 1U/2U rack chassis and 105-series tower chassis (per Intel's site), Phanktek Enthoo Pro, and In-Win 707 (discussing Phantek on STH), Corsair. Others just modified the E-ATX chassis and drilled/tapped new holes to make it SSI-EEB compatible.

@NATEX, noticed several items are out of stock, just a temporary thing? Possible to mix and match, and still get a discount?

Ray

Apr 24, 2016
PA
@NATEX questions about the Intel S2600 board+chip+RAM combo:
  1. I was doing some research and some folks report challenges getting these to work in non-Intel chassis. Several Newegg reviews suggests that even Intel support insists that an Intel chassis must be used. Is this the case? (no pun intended)
  2. Intel's documentation is a bit fuzzy on the BMC/IPMI support of these boards, suggesting an additional hardware key is needed, is this true? What type of ILOM support does the board come with? iKVM redirect? Virtual Media mounting?
The boards are 2600CP2J model and the one I have does fine with BMC/IPMI without anything extra. However, even using the ipmitool and trying to set all the lower limits to zero (which is not 100% successful) the board still gives fan errors.

I don't know of any IOLM support for these particular boards. I've only had mine for 2 days and could be wrong though. There are redirect settings in the bios the same with VM bit I haven't started to look into them yet. I'm just trying to get no errors on the board before moving along further.