GIGABYTE Server Motherboard - Intel C602 Chipset - Socket R LGA-2011 GA-7PESH2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

briandm81

Aug 31, 2014
10GB and SAS2008...if only I wanted to swap out all three of motherboards, that's pretty awesome for 220 a piece. would make my vSAN super easy.

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
Mine arrived DOA, ended up getting a couple mobos in and went with the one that worked, lol.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I bought one of these to dedicate for a twitch streaming box but the PCI 3.0 slot won't run my 980 TI @ 3.0 and reverts to 2.0 which kills performance. I tried several things but couldn't get things working properly.

Other than the PCI thing the board works great and for the price it's nice.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure what im going to do with mine but I can say I have it, may end up replacing my current intel server with it.

thayerz00r

Mar 27, 2016
Tyler, TX
I'll probably get 64-128mb and a handful of drives and make a media closet htpc vm, and file host with unraid or something. Mostly just getting into this re-purposed server gear thing.. see what trouble I can cause..

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I bought one of these to dedicate for a twitch streaming box but the PCI 3.0 slot won't run my 980 TI @ 3.0 and reverts to 2.0 which kills performance. I tried several things but couldn't get things working properly.

Were you using GPU-Z by any chance? If I remember correctly GPU-Z doesn't report the correct PCI gen until the GPU is under load.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
d'oh... missed it again. These things are going like hot cakes... Should've gotten one last month when I first started watching them...

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016

Thank god i skipped getting one then. That's a huge deal breaker for me.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
Were you using GPU-Z by any chance? If I remember correctly GPU-Z doesn't report the correct PCI gen until the GPU is under load.
You have a great point but with the new GPU-Z there is a small util that will stress the card in order to ramp up the slot to see if it changes. I also used Precision-X and another tool (forgot which one) to verify 2.0 speeds. There are some options in the BIOS to adjust what the PCI ports are set to but every time I changed one my board would not boot.

I also had an issue with it not wanting to reboot properly when my 980Ti was insalled no matter what. If i shut it down completely and powered it up the boot was perfect. Just another odd thing I found that had no solutions to.

I'd be interested if anyone has found some solutions

JwTvH

Mar 10, 2016
Mine seems to be DOA also, nothing when hitting the power button. Checked the power supply so think i'm out of options. Any thoughts?

JwTvH

Mar 10, 2016
Does anyone know what the board should do with no cpu/mem? And should the remote access lan light be on before poweron?

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
Mine seems to be DOA also, nothing when hitting the power button. Checked the power supply so think i'm out of options. Any thoughts?
Not specific to this board, but some MBs needs 8 pin power connectors inserted in the 2 places and will not boot if only 4 pin connectors are inserted, even though all the LEDs still light up. Just check to see if this is the case.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Seller says bulk packaging but brand new, question for those who received theirs:
  1. Did you possibly get an I/O shield?
  2. RMA_main_page can you check your S/N here and see if there's any warranty left?