Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA
I can hear the grindyness/whine of the fans from my kitchen when the house is quiet and I'm actively listening for them but otherwise doesn't bother me.
AFAIK, only the upper fan has the grinding noise characteristic. I'm pretty sure the bottom does not.

I'm not entirely sure why the upper fan is different from the bottom. I'm sure Intel didn't pick it by accident though.

MarkLuvsCS

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa, FL
Thanks for the info posted guys. I managed to pick up the similar deals as everyone else. Ended up with a 5x 80mm instead of 2x120mm but hopefully it won't be too loud, too costly to return. Anyone have any idea on the prices they accept on their intel SSDs. They have tons of stock but rejected immediately 4@ $50 each / 300gb intel 320.

johan antonsen

Mar 30, 2016
This is going to be my first "powerhouse workstation" computer (although I'll be running VMs with GPU passthrough) replacing (depending on what I'm doing) a 2009 AMD Phenom system with DDR2 RAM or a VM on a too crowded Haswell E3 host. I'm super excited!!!

Here's my haul from kalleyomalley (so others can try even lower :p - thank you to the previous posts who posted their offers)

Intel AXX2IOS I/O Shield for S2600CP2, S2400SC2, and S2400GP2 New Bulk Packaging - $6
Intel AUPSRCBTP Single Passive Heat Sink New Bulk Packaging - $13 (x2)
Intel P4308XXMHGR Server Chassis 4U, 750W, New Bulk Packaging - $115
Intel FCPUPMAD Air Duct Required for Intel Server Board S2600CP In P4000M New - $15

$40 shipping

Maybe I could have gone even lower, I thought I was already lowballing :eek:
Hey im new here, i might be "stupid", but i can't figure out absolutly sure if "Intel P4308XXMHGR Server Chassis 4U, 750W, New Bulk Packaging- $115" is just a chassis or if it's a barebone as in with motherboard, if it's just the chassis what kind of boards are you guys running and where did you find them?

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
Hey im new here, i might be "stupid", but i can't figure out absolutly sure if "Intel P4308XXMHGR Server Chassis 4U, 750W, New Bulk Packaging- $115" is just a chassis or if it's a barebone as in with motherboard, if it's just the chassis what kind of boards are you guys running and where did you find them?
That is just the chassis with an 8x3.5" HSBP drive cage. There is *no* motherboard.

The P4000M series of chassis was intended for the Intel S2600CP family of boards. One of the vendors here, natex.us is selling package deals of CPUs/RAM/MB using the Intel S2600CP2J.

If you want to build an Intel spec server, use a P4000M chassis, the natex supplied S2600CP2J board, CPUs,and RAM. You'll also want the proper Intel Air Duct (which includes the S2600CP unique cable kit), IO shield, and the passive heat sinks. All the specs for these have been mentioned several times in the past dozen pages of this thread. Most all talk of the Intel P4000M chassis and accessories mentioned here are NIB surplus at highly discounted surplus prices.

Note that this P4000M chassis can house any other SSI EEB (or smaller) sized motherboard. You'd just need to adapt the front panel cable to whatever format your board uses (if you wanted to use the front panel buttons/leds/etc)...

johan antonsen

Mar 30, 2016
That is just the chassis with an 8x3.5" HSBP drive cage. There is *no* motherboard.

The P4000M series of chassis was intended for the Intel S2600CP family of boards. One of the vendors here, natex.us is selling package deals of CPUs/RAM/MB using the Intel S2600CP2J.

If you want to build an Intel spec server, use a P4000M chassis, the natex supplied S2600CP2J board, CPUs,and RAM. You'll also want the proper Intel Air Duct (which includes the S2600CP unique cable kit), IO shield, and the passive heat sinks. All the specs for these have been mentioned several times in the past dozen pages of this thread. Most all talk of the Intel P4000M chassis and accessories mentioned here are NIB surplus at highly discounted surplus prices.

Note that this P4000M chassis can house any other SSI EEB (or smaller) sized motherboard. You'd just need to adapt the front panel cable to whatever format your board uses (if you wanted to use the front panel buttons/leds/etc)...
thank you very much, the problem is that i dont think natex.us is shipping outside US?.

the price for the chassis, airduct/cablekit, ioshield, 2xheatsinks with shipping is to high for me without motherboard unfortunatly, i was hoping kalleyomalley would ship it together in the chassis boxand total price would be like 300$ but just lowered the totalshipping slightly putting it at like 150 for the things + 270 shipping..

ill have to find myself a smaller barebone unfortunately :(

// Excuse me for my english if there's something you dont understand just ask!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
thank you very much, the problem is that i dont think natex.us is shipping outside US?.

the price for the chassis, airduct/cablekit, ioshield, 2xheatsinks with shipping is to high for me without motherboard unfortunatly, i was hoping kalleyomalley would ship it together in the chassis boxand total price would be like 300$ but just lowered the totalshipping slightly putting it at like 150 for the things + 270 shipping..

ill have to find myself a smaller barebone unfortunately :(

// Excuse me for my english if there's something you dont understand just ask!
I believe some international members of this forum bought from NATEX. Check the Natex sale thread.

I don't know if it will be any less expensive than kalleyomalley but there was some discussions in these forums on "shipto" or something like that for fright forward service for international buyers.

JwTvH

Mar 10, 2016
I believe some international members of this forum bought from NATEX. Check the Natex sale thread.

I don't know if it will be any less expensive than kalleyomalley but there was some discussions in these forums on "shipto" or something like that for fright forward service for international buyers.
Just received the (international) shipped memory. Added around 65,- shipping and around the same on import charges (21% here). So it adds up.. Now wait on the board to test the components..

tr0910

Feb 27, 2016
Sorry bad link in my first reply.
Chenbro server
Save 5% on the bundle by using Coupon Code: CHENBROPACK Motherboard/CPU/Memory Bundles for sale

Chenbro RM13704 4-Bay 3.5" HDD chassis
*Intel S2600CP Motherboard w/ Dual LGA 2011 Sockets, 16 Dimm Slots
*2 x E5-2670 SR0KX 2.6GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) 20MB L3 Cache LGA2011 115W Eight-Core
*64GB PC3-12800R DDR3 1600 ECC Registered RAM
*1 x 550W Power Supply
*1 x Intel Hologram X520-DA1 Single port 10 Gigabit SFP+ Ethernet Converged Network Adapter
*Does not include any drive cages
Buy the drive cages from here?

I think this is the correct part

MacMall | Chenbro America Storage drive cage - 3.5" - black - for RM13704, RM21706, RM31408, RM31616, RM41416, RM41824, RM91250 84H533510-024

Chenbro - storage drive cage - 84H533510-024 - Internal Storage Mounting Hardware - CDW.com

J Hart

Apr 23, 2015
AFAIK, only the upper fan has the grinding noise characteristic. I'm pretty sure the bottom does not.

I'm not entirely sure why the upper fan is different from the bottom. I'm sure Intel didn't pick it by accident though.
I was interested in this and found that there really are two different parts in the spares catalog.

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/p4000_cg_r2_3.pdf

The top fan(Nidec) is listed as the CPU fan and the lower(Delta) is listed as the PCI area fan. The CPU fan is substantially more powerful(12V @ 3.3A!) and moves 220CFM at max speed while the lower fan moves about 150CPM (12V @ 1.6A). I'd guess the weird whiny grindy sound somes from the odd ducting of the Nidec fan. It has a listed noise of 65 dBA(yikes!).

Spritzup

Mar 21, 2016
*sigh* Just went to install these in my Norco-4224 and the Evo 212 heatsink is a few mm's to tall.

Now to scramble and find another cooler that I can get in town.

~Spritz

Kb44

Mar 31, 2016
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this Intel MB: S2600GL
How does it compare to the
S2600CP2J?

Is it compatible with the E5-2670? I'm looking for a dual board. Already have my 2 2670 CPU's.. Thanks.

Last edited:

johan antonsen

Mar 30, 2016
thanks for all the help so far, here come's another stupid question,

i found a cheap Intel S2600GL4 in the UK which makes a killer deal for me BUT, what case/chassis does it fit in?

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway

i found a cheap Intel S2600GL4 in the UK which makes a killer deal for me BUT, what case/chassis does it fit in?

That looks like a custom spec board 16.5"x16.5".
Probably not many (if any) cases that would fit.

-Jannis

s2600gl

Apr 1, 2016
Finland

I've got the feeling you grabbed the same MB as I (if you're referring to the 45£ offering on ebay.uk a few weeks back ;)).
The downside with this MB seems to be that you're stuck with very limited options when it comes to cases (and PSUs, fans, and riser cards for that matter....).

There are a few chassis only on ebay, but the the price is going to sting a bit (depending on you budget, of course).

johan antonsen

Mar 30, 2016
That looks like a custom spec board 16.5"x16.5".
Probably not many (if any) cases that would fit.

-Jannis
Search on Ark.Intel.com for "S2600GL". It appears only rack chassis R23nn / R13nn are compatible
thank you very much guys, either you know alot or i suck at searching, i like to think the first option ;)

I've got the feeling you grabbed the same MB as I (if you're referring to the 45£ offering on ebay.uk a few weeks back ;)).
The downside with this MB seems to be that you're stuck with very limited options when it comes to cases (and PSUs, fans, and riser cards for that matter....).

There are a few chassis only on ebay, but the the price is going to sting a bit (depending on you budget, of course).
yes exactly the same MB, way to cheap to not buy even though the downsides, since this is for home use / just for fun i will build my own "case" to have the board in which lets me use purerock/evo 212 for the cpu's and some normal 120-140mm fans for ventilation(or is it a better idea to use server fans?)

I just got to figure out what to buy to get 8ish SATA port's :)

s2600gl

Apr 1, 2016
Finland
thank you very much guys, either you know alot or i suck at searching, i like to think the first option ;)

yes exactly the same MB, way to cheap to not buy even though the downsides, since this is for home use / just for fun i will build my own "case" to have the board in which lets me use purerock/evo 212 for the cpu's and some normal 120-140mm fans for ventilation(or is it a better idea to use server fans?)

I just got to figure out what to buy to get 8ish SATA port's :)
My usage case will be pretty much the same (fun / learning) so I figured I'll keep one eye open for a good deal on a chassis while I make my own (heck, I've got the tools and the material, might as well give it a try).

I too was thinking of using a few 120 - 140 mm fans and it would sure be nice to be able to use the fan controllers on the MB. Only have to find out how to make your run-of-the-mill 4 pin fan play nice with the proprietary 10 pin header on the MB o_O

johan antonsen

Mar 30, 2016
My usage case will be pretty much the same (fun / learning) so I figured I'll keep one eye open for a good deal on a chassis while I make my own (heck, I've got the tools and the material, might as well give it a try).

I too was thinking of using a few 120 - 140 mm fans and it would sure be nice to be able to use the fan controllers on the MB. Only have to find out how to make your run-of-the-mill 4 pin fan play nice with the proprietary 10 pin header on the MB o_O
sounds like a plan! keep me in the loop on how you solve the fan connecting! and ill do the same!,

do you know what else i need except MB,PSU,CPU,RAM to get this thing started and running?