1.2TB LSI Nytro Warp Drive PCIe SSDs - $240

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
The LSI Nytro Warp Drive 1.2TB is a bit older so the read/ write IOPs are not crazy. On the other hand, these did use eMLC NAND in was was essentially a RAID of onboard drive PCBs. Probably the best price/performance/capacity deal out there right now but they are likely older drives:
LSI 1.2TB NYTRO WARP DRIVE LSI00429 /ST1200KN0012 / 05-25614-00 / NWD-BFH6-120

The seller has 2@ $240ea so I thought someone here may be interested.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
One thing worth asking seller is whether these come with the aux power cable. It looks like they are the model that requires power cable judging by port near where you'd screw into your case on the back panel, and listing is silent on whether it is included or not. I looked briefly into these a couple of weeks ago and have no idea where you'd source a replacement cable to extent they aren't included.

badskater

Automation Architect
May 8, 2013
Canada
Thanks, i took one of them. ;)

Edit: Also, just an information for those wondering, it doesn't include the 4 pin power cable.

And the manual does say this:

NOTE Make sure that the PCIe slot is capable of providing 75 W of power. Otherwise, install the auxiliary power cable shown in the following figure.

(I'm installing it in a GPU port, so it does 75W)

Last edited:

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Those of you buying these are you willing to explain what you intend on doing with them or how support is for them?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
One thing worth asking seller is whether these come with the aux power cable. It looks like they are the model that requires power cable judging by port near where you'd screw into your case on the back panel, and listing is silent on whether it is included or not. I looked briefly into these a couple of weeks ago and have no idea where you'd source a replacement cable to extent they aren't included.
Curious what did anyone find out about the power / connection onthese? Is it a weird 4 pin or ?

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
I just got an email:

He have more of them in stock, pretty sure , he will put the to ebay soon.

I will use them in an HyperConverged Starwind iscsi / Hyper-V cluster

Last edited:

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I need to stop hanging out in great deal forum.
Seller agreed and I just paid for 4 ssd 4 x $200 each

Reactions: Patrick

Roman2179

Sep 23, 2013
I keep missing this. Any idea if this will work with FreeNAS? I could definitely use a cache drive but SATA drives won't keep up with 10GbE so this would be great.

Looks like there is a FreeBSD driver available just a matter of what it will take to install on a neutered implementation that is used for FreeNAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: badskater