Who needs U.2 cables?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
I've seen a few members express interest in obtaining this seemingly hard to find Amphenol U.2 cable ( SFF-8639 to SFF-8643). I've recently made a connection with an Amphenol vendor and I'm able to get a custom made batch. As you know, Amphenol only sells direct to OEM configurators and does not have a retail channel.

I'm just offering this since I've seen a need, not looking to make a profit selling these cables - it'll probably be a one time thing. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehorn

neo

Mar 18, 2015
2 cables reserved. If you are interested, let me know as soon as possible. I will only be waiting a few days until I place the total order.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Pending getting my NVME AOC SM cards to work I'd be down for 4-6.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
6 more reserved. For anyone else interested let me know as I will be placing the total order Monday afternoon.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Just to keep this thread up to date, the total group order has been placed and I am no longer accepting additional orders at this time.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Almost wish I would have ordered more, the interest in the cables seems to be growing exponentially. I've had people join this forum just to PM me regarding it.

Reactions: T_Minus

neo

Mar 18, 2015
To put this thread to a close, I just received the cables. I will be individually packaging up the cables to those members who ordered and shipping it out within the next 2 days - and PMing tracking numbers.

Reactions: T_Minus

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Still cables left :) ???????
Question of the century.

Everyone wants a cable or two, but no one wants to organize a new additional group buy.

I'm not making a profit on these cables, I just did it as a one time thing. However, ever since I have been hammered with requests to purchase additional cables - which I don't have. I almost wish I had a warehouse and the logistics to purchase a large batch and start reselling them since there is a large demand but no supply.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I would have liked a few but seen this way too late. It was a good thing you did for those who got them.