Looking to Source extra ram / cpu for HP ML350g6

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

5teve

Jan 23, 2015
Perth, Australia
Hi Guys

Looking to source some ram and a second CPU for the server of an organisation that I volunteer for. The server is a HP ML350G6 and has a single E5504 (2ghz) in and 4gb of Ram (2x 2gb ecc)

Looking to add around 32gb of ram and ideally a second CPU, but need the fans / shroud and heatsink. Does any one have any ideas where to source the parts, what the part numbers are.

I'm based in Aus, but willing to look internationally as nothing seems to be local. Offers and suggestions welcome :)

Steve

5teve

Jan 23, 2015
Perth, Australia
Hi PGH

Thanks for the info.. thats awesome, much appreciated. I'll have a look through and see what I can find.. another PSU wouldnt go a miss either and they are very cheap from there.

Let me know if you have a spare 5504.. and how much you want for it...

Steve

5teve

Jan 23, 2015
Perth, Australia
Thanks Abstract - I know they can be had cheap, just want the shrouds, heatsinks and fans etc that come with them.. I dont really have time to source all stuff piece by piece.. certainly an option tho so will check the link out.

Steve

5teve

Jan 23, 2015
Perth, Australia
HI Algebra

Looks like the Motherboard was the older version that can only take 55 cpu's but have been looking and board +2 cpus + heatsink ect seem very cheap. certainly cheaper than buying a CPU kit. And can get the newer board that takes the 56 cpu.

Steve

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
HI Algebra

Looks like the Motherboard was the older version that can only take 55 cpu's but have been looking and board +2 cpus + heatsink ect seem very cheap. certainly cheaper than buying a CPU kit. And can get the newer board that takes the 56 cpu.

Steve
Steve didnt have that CPU as thought. Peter