Some big news for STH

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think the last "Big news" I posted was about getting married. Newest "Big news" is that I put my 2 week notice in at the firm and will be working on this stuff full-time come the first full week in October. Excited to really ramp up. Expect (or at least hope for) big things coming.

JeffroMart

Jun 27, 2014
Congratulations! Love the content currently, and i'm sure it will only get better from here on out. It's a great feeling to be able to work for yourself and control your own destiny!

Reactions: Patrick

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I usually think people who do this are crazy but STH has been around since '09 and has a niche so go for it. I'm excited too. Going full-time won't help with writer's block tho.

manxam

Jul 25, 2015
Patrick, I'm glad to hear that you've been able to give up the "daily grind"; I wish I were in the same boat. I'm just curious--if you don't mind the question--as to where revenue is generated for STH? I've always wondered how this works as you're not the first person to go this route and I wonder how one makes an income doing this.

Perhaps you'll give me some insight so that I can quit Tomorrow and do the things that *I* enjoy.. (Can one make money trolling tech forums and blogs? :p )

Cheers and keep up the excellent work!

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
Scary when someone leave a crazy consulting gig to strike it out on their own. What was your billing rate? $400/ hr or something crazy like that? I'm not sure if you'd even get better hours doing your own thing.

Pri

Jul 30, 2014
Patrick I'm really happy for you, making your dreams a reality is something many can't or are too afraid to do. I admire what you're doing.

I look forward to all the new content!

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Eff 'the man'! Good to have a sugamama I always say! Now if I could just find mine.... <- single fam income, 'the man' owns me. heh

Reactions: CreoleLakerFan