Ubiquti's new AC access points

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Morgan Simmons

Feb 18, 2015
Just thought you all would be interested in hearing that Ubiquiti just came out with their next gen AC access points. As far as I can tell, these aren't Wave 2 ap's.

Ubiquiti Networks - UniFi AC

Their MSRP's are
Lite $89, LR $109, Pro $149, EDU $399

Funny enough I was just practicing spinning up a unifi controller in Ubuntu server when I saw the news.

Reactions: Continuum

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
Dang it I just bought a regular Unifi AP a little over a month ago so I can't return it to Amazon and get one of these :mad:

Morgan Simmons

Feb 18, 2015
I was just preparing to buy their UAP-Pro after I get paid this week.

Amazon might take it back if you are having "hardware issues" :)

Reactions: NetWise

Martin Jørgensen

Jun 3, 2015
From the announcement, it takes really long times before hitting the shell here in EU
The nordic supplier don't even have the Lite Switche yet :(

Loves UBNT, with the new AP there is new controller software :rolleyes:

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I was just looking at expanding my wifi and was appalled at the price of the ARUBA IAP units we're using now, does anyone know about the differences between the UAP-AC-PRO and UAP-AC ?

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
I dont think that there is enough info out yet to clearly list the difference between the new and old versions though there are some discussions on the UBNT forum with people trying to figure that out

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
I was just looking at expanding my wifi and was appalled at the price of the ARUBA IAP units we're using now, does anyone know about the differences between the UAP-AC-PRO and UAP-AC ?
Main difference is the POE, the pro's can do normal 48v poe where as the non pro version can only use the 24v poe.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
I think he meant between the new version coming out and the one that has been out for the last year or two

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
Looking at the datasheet, looks like the new on can do wireless uplink, can do both 802.3af along with 802.3at instead of just 802.3at, and is rated for outdoor usage.

Edit: Page 4 of the datasheet when you look at the new ap page.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Also it's apparently weather resistant. Seems more like a V3 then a new product.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I have noticed that these devices are starting to become available (at least for pre-order), looks like it is time to replace my old 802.11n AP. Anyone know if these devices have a webinterface or if you have to use that unifi controller software?

From the announcement, it takes really long times before hitting the shell here in EU
The nordic supplier don't even have the Lite Switche yet :(

Loves UBNT, with the new AP there is new controller software :rolleyes:
There are next to no resellers for Scandinavia, and the ones who do sell their gear tend to overcharge, however you can use a european supplier like Interprojekt.com.pl, I have used them on two occasions to buy Mikrotik gear and have been very satisfied, they also sell the Edgeswitch lite :)

Last edited:

Morgan Simmons

Feb 18, 2015
I have noticed that these devices are starting to become available (at least for pre-order), looks like it is time to replace my old 802.11n AP. Anyone know if these devices have a webinterface or if you have to use that unifi controller software?

There is next to no resellers for Scandinavia, and the one who do sell their gear tend to overcharge, however you can use a european supplier like Interprojekt.com.pl, I have used them on two occasions to buy Mikrotik gear and have been very satisfied, they also sell the Edgeswitch lite :)
They don't have a web interface, but you can set them up once with the unfi controller, and not use it again. The new ones also have phone apps that let you manage an AP instead of the controller.