Anyone have the Supermicro SC846 front bezel?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

HotFix

May 20, 2015
Silver Spring MD
blogs.technet.com
Specifically the part number MCP-210-84601-0B.

I'm want to get one for my chassis, but I'm not clear how it will attach. In another thread Neo has a bezel for his slightly smaller Supermicro case, and it hooks on using holes in the handles. I don't seem to have holes in the handles of my SC846, so I am not clear how it attaches.

Anyway if you do have one, could you post a few pictures of how it attaches? I want to make sure my case isn't missing something before I order one.

Thanks in advance!

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Lets hear what you end up with - im interested in one aswell :)

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Hope this helps. The short of it is you need to order the kit so you get the handles with the holes.

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - FAQ Entry

Question
I have SC846E16-R1200B chassis and order a front bezel, MCP-210-84601-0B. The manual did not show me how to install the front bezel. How I install the front cover?
Answer
MCP-210-84601-0B package include a front cover and a pair of front chassis handle. Please remove the original front handle panel and replace it with the one come with MCP-210-84601-0B package. Then you will be able to install the cover onto the handle.

Reactions: HotFix

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I thought it was hinged at the bottom. Guess not.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
lol wow, I'm glad I saw this thread and aestr's post. that's retarded. this makes me wonder if the only dude selling the bezels on ebay is selling the "kit" which has the handles...

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I asked the seller on ebay who has this:

Is this the "kit" that also includes the bezel as well as the proper handles for installing this bezel?

On Supermicro site there is a FAQ that asks "I bought the bezel but how do I install" and they say this:

"MCP-210-84601-0B package include a front cover and a pair of front chassis handle. Please remove the original front handle panel and replace it with the one come with MCP-210-84601-0B package. Then you will be able to install the cover onto the handle."
their response:

Sorry we are not sure. Please check with Supermicro tech support.

HotFix

May 20, 2015
Silver Spring MD
blogs.technet.com
Hope this helps. The short of it is you need to order the kit so you get the handles with the holes.

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - FAQ Entry

Question
I have SC846E16-R1200B chassis and order a front bezel, MCP-210-84601-0B. The manual did not show me how to install the front bezel. How I install the front cover?
Answer
MCP-210-84601-0B package include a front cover and a pair of front chassis handle. Please remove the original front handle panel and replace it with the one come with MCP-210-84601-0B package. Then you will be able to install the cover onto the handle.
Thanks for following up on this. This then matches what Neo posted in pictures. Just need to make sure they have the kit/part #.

I'm going to track down the best deal tomorrow and order it. When it comes in in will post pictures

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Is there anyone who can chime in on having ordered a bezel that had the matching part number on SM's website? I'm curious to know if it included the mysterious front handle they mentioned above in a link someone posted.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
The seller probably didn't know because they drop ship from Supermicro.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Well my interest in it what just renewed, so was wondering if anyone had made some purchases in the last month or so. Did you get a handle when you ordered your bezel?

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Perfect, thank you!

Wow, those are super thin! I have the same design currently in my Antec Twelve Hundred, and requires cleaning weekly. :(

For my XPS 730x, I actually used 3/8" thick air-filter from Home Depot. It can go a month or so before needing cleaning (though I do try to clean it every month).

I'm sticking the machine in the basement and I won't make it down that often to clean. Humm.

wbo

Aug 4, 2015
The MCP-210-84601-0B I ordered a while ago from Wiredzone didn't come with a filter. I believe it was shipped directly from Supermicro and it did contain the replacement front handles.

Is there a separate part number for the filter?

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I wanted to chime in on this. I just bought some servers from a vendor on ebay that are rebranded SM chassis(rebranded as Compellent servers). They included the bezel and each bezel had a fan filter, quite a nice touch. So to me it would seem like it should be included, more so the chances should be likely when you buy the part new in SM bulk packaging.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
I got my bezel in today, no filter, but did include handle and keys. Bulk packaging looked new.