Lenovo T32p-20 32" 4K IPS UHD USB-C HDMI DP Monitor for $249 or less before tax with FS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

heromode

May 25, 2020
Hello just as a warning spent 5 hours today arranging the return shipment of a Lenovo D32u-40, 32in VA panel, the cheapest avail in europe for 239 EUR with latest amazon.de discount.

Do not buy it, i would have thought that VA panels had evolved somewhat in 2 decades, but the picture quality and colors was just absolutely untenable. Sitting in front of it and looking down at the taskbar buttons of KDE plasma, the text on the buttons was actually unreadable.

Before i decide on my 32in panel, i will now wait for reviews. Seems to me that the new Dell IPS Black panels are the best u can get sans OLED. But that's a cool $900 bucks.

Until then i will continue to enjoy my nearly 20 year old samsung 4K TN panel lol.

Reactions: T_Minus and Fritz

heromode

May 25, 2020
i made an offer below list price, im not in need of another monitor but i figured if they let it go for 225 i would find a use for it lol.
again, don't know about IPS, just wanted to warn about buying the cheap VA. Don't do it. IPS panel is now my only choice.

Reactions: marcoi

sic0048

Dec 24, 2018
again, don't know about IPS, just wanted to warn about buying the cheap VA. Don't do it. IPS panel is now my only choice.
The listing is for an IPS panel. It is not the same screen as what you purchased and disliked. I have no idea the quality of this panel, but it's wrong to draw any correlation between your experience and this listing.

Reactions: wildpig1234

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Is 31.5" a little small for a 4k display?

i'm still rocking my old korean 1440p monitor even though I need to use a displayport to dual DVI adapter to make it work.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
This Lenovo is pretty decent 32in IPS 4K monitor with usb-c power delivery support of 75W . Again this is NOT a cheap VA or TN panel!

32in 4K monitor is not small when it is sitting on your desk right in front of you. It's actually the ideal size and pixel density. Bigger and you will have to turn your head all over to see one side to the other. Smaller and the native fonts would be just too small to read.

$244 is about right on. I got mine for $245 so you beat me by $1... lol..

IF you ever do coding or IT admin, it's a great monitor to use because you can see so many things with it. Actually, it's great for everything except high refresh rate gaming.. ;)

Reactions: marcoi

heromode

May 25, 2020
The listing is for an IPS panel. It is not the same screen as what you purchased and disliked. I have no idea the quality of this panel, but it's wrong to draw any correlation between your experience and this listing.
I know that. Just wanted to warn ppl against the new cheap 32" VA panels. Both are new Lenovo models with similarity in model numbers, that's all.

I made the mistake of buying what is today the cheapest brand new model 32" VA screen available anywhere in EU, with no known reviews online, and just wanted to give a heads up to others that it was a mistake. If this IPS panel turns out to be a good deal, then my experience with the VA deal should provide a valuable insight to anyone considering VA or IPS.

Again, if you go 32" 4K, VA is a problem because of the viewing angle. Sitting in front of it close, and you might not even be able to read the fonts at the bottom of your screen on a VA. IPS doesn't have that issue.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
you guys should check out the IBM T221 3840 x 2400 monitor before complaining about low refresh rate... lol...
I actually still have 3 of those ;)

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
they already shipped mine, expecting it may 1-2.
60Hz is fine for office usage. I will try overclocking to see if we can get to 90Hz. I had two dell office monitors that will OC to 90.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
OOS.... lol that was fast. I think we bought them all between ourselves ;)

This will add to my collection of 32in 4K IPS monitors which consists of two Monoprice, two Z-edge, two Crossover, one HP, one LG, and will soon include a Lenovo ;)

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
i may put the new 32 on my desk to replace the dell 27 4k i have. depends on if it fits lol.

For those curious about models
left: Dell U2718Q - 4k
Top middle: G3223q -4K gaming (144Hz)
Bottom middle and Right: U3818DW (OC to 90Hz)

yeah i have a lot of monitors lol. i also have old ones in server room.
20230428_093929.jpg