NXP LX2160A - Comedy value postage to sale price ratio

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk

I almost jumped on this, but had to read the fine print because I thought it was something like a screw or switch, or something. But the I spotted the Postage pricing.

Still could be a good deal, but it's such a shady listing practice that I don't fancy playing the game. There might be someone here braver than me.

Reactions: itronin and Samir

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013

I almost jumped on this, but had to read the fine print because I thought it was something like a screw or switch, or something. But the I spotted the Postage pricing.

Still could be a good deal, but it's such a shady listing practice that I don't fancy playing the game. There might be someone here braver than me.

crazy. Maybe label with UK on the thread? is that an option?

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yeah, this is seriously smelling fishy. I wouldn't even think about it.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Seller is trolling for suckers. Lots of this on eBay too.

• Angry

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Seller is trolling for suckers. Lots of this on eBay too.
The marketplaces that allow this are soon going to find that they're out of business as there won't be anyone legit selling there...

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
The marketplaces that allow this are soon going to find that they're out of business as there won't be anyone legit selling there...
Doesn't bode well for eBay, does it. :mad:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Doesn't bode well for eBay, does it. :mad:
It's not just ebay though--Amazon is just as bad with all the ccc junk my wife gets 'shipped free via prime'. 90% of it is just knockoff junk that she's paying full price for. When she was going to buy her bose headphones from there, I suggested we just walk into Best Buy and get them same day--she agreed and at least that one was real.

The crazy thing is that some of the ccc being imported are neat things that domestic companies aren't making, so these are ripe for stealing IP from the chinese for once. The ideas and implementations are novel, but if you can make a legit product that works the way it should vs the 20% doa and 100% doa in 1yr ccc, then you could literally build a company based on that product stream.

Reactions: itronin

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
If you are annoyed enough by it then complain to ebay i suppose, to charge more then actual shipping cost is not actualy allowed.
As i belive they still charge a lower % fee on the shipping cost and lose out on income (yes they are scummy enough to take a percentage of shipping).

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
As i belive they still charge a lower % fee on the shipping cost and lose out on income (yes they are scummy enough to take a percentage of shipping).
That hasn't been the case in years. eBay charges fees on the total transaction amount, which includes shipping and taxes.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Complaining to eBay or Amazon is like pissing in the wind. They don't want to heard it.

• Haha

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
" This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken. "... first time I've see that one!

• Wow