Need some help flashing a SM X9DRH-7F to 2308 IT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Spent almost all day on this and still haven't gotten it done. First the version of megarec.exe I had couldn't see the RAID controller. Then sas2flsh wouldn't work, something about a PAL error. Researched this and it seems I need to switch over to the UEFI shell to continue from here problem is I have no %^*&%^ clue as to how to get the shell to see the needed files on a USB drive and Google returns nothing but gibberish and unrelated garbage. Seems like such a simple answer should be easy to find but noooo. Unless you know where it's at of course. Can somebody help me out, please?

TIA

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
does your usb drive show up in map in efi shell? Then just fs0, etc. to cd to the usb.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Gonna jump back on it after this thunderstorm passes.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Can somebody pleeeeeeease tell me how to access a usb drive from the EFI Shell ?????????

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Never mind. The instructions I was following left out the : should be fs0:

And on a related note. After flashing the firmware I needed to reprogram the address. I had 4 sites opened and the all said the command was -

sasflash -o sadadd xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is wrong, the proper command is

sasflash -o -sasadd xxxxxxxxxx

these sorts of errors and omissions will drive you nuts. Of course if you use these commands on a regular basis you'd catch these sorts of errors but I have the bad habit of following instructions to the letter without question. a.k.a shooting myself in the foot.

Anyways, the X9DRH-7F is now flashed to 9207 8i IT mode and all is well again.

• Wow
Reactions: BLinux and Markess

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Never mind. The instructions I was following left out the : should be fs0:

And on a related note. After flashing the firmware I needed to reprogram the address. I had 4 sites opened and the all said the command was -

sasflash -o sadadd xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is wrong, the proper command is

sasflash -o -sasadd xxxxxxxxxx

these sorts of errors and omissions will drive you nuts. Of course if you use these commands on a regular basis you'd catch these sorts of errors but I have the bad habit of following instructions to the letter without question. a.k.a shooting myself in the foot.

Anyways, the X9DRH-7F is now flashed to 9207 8i IT mode and all is well again.
Congrats. The video I linked to above shows the correct commands.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Congrats. The video I linked to above shows the correct commands.
Yea, thanks but 29 minutes to gain what little info I needed was a bit much. I rarely partake of long winded YouTube videos because I've watched far too many that in the end did not contain the info I needed.