Alternative to ROMED8-2T?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

juma

Apr 14, 2021
I'm looking to build another 16-24C Epyc server soon for an academic lab environment, and it seems the ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T is sold out everywhere. Does anyone have any recommended alternatives?

Just from searching here it seems like there are a lot of issues with Supermicro boards. How are Gigabyte or Tyan boards in comparison?

Thanks

PD_ZFS-User

Jul 13, 2018
I'm looking to build another 16-24C Epyc server soon for an academic lab environment, and it seems the ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T is sold out everywhere. Does anyone have any recommended alternatives?

Just from searching here it seems like there are a lot of issues with Supermicro boards. How are Gigabyte or Tyan boards in comparison?

Thanks
Provantage’s website shows four Asrock Rack ROMED8-NL motherboards, but it doesn’t have 10Gbit ethernet on the board. So you would have to use one of pcie slots for an adapter. Maybe it would meet your requirements.

Good luck with your search.

juma

Apr 14, 2021
Provantage’s website shows four Asrock Rack ROMED8-NL motherboards, but it doesn’t have 10Gbit ethernet on the board. So you would have to use one of pcie slots for an adapter. Maybe it would meet your requirements.

Good luck with your search.
Thanks! I completely forgot about the NL version. Now I'm torn between going with the ROMED6U-2L2T and this.

Reactions: PD_ZFS-User