WEPYC ThreadRipper build: FATbild

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
o/s has since been upgraded to Fedora 36.
I love how Fedora makes upgrading easy, peasy!

Still running on x11. Never been able to get Wayland to work!

nasi

Feb 25, 2020
@awedio or @Patrick Can you tell something about the noise of the two fans on this ASUS Mainboard? In another thread it was said the Supermicro M12SWA-TF has a noisy/whiny fan which runs always at full speed. Is it the same for the ASUS?

awedio

Feb 24, 2012
@awedio or @Patrick Can you tell something about the noise of the two fans on this ASUS Mainboard? In another thread it was said the Supermicro M12SWA-TF has a noisy/whiny fan which runs always at full speed. Is it the same for the ASUS?
I can't hear any noise.
It's also possible that the noise is masked by all the liquid cooling components - fan, pump etc.

Reactions: Patrick and nasi

clash

Feb 9, 2021
Can you tell something about the noise of the two fans on this ASUS Mainboard?
While planning my build I also worried about those two fans. Later, during system testing I removed top grills (both naked fans can be seen in pictures) and tried to stop each of them with finger. Literally, no difference in system noise while they rotate or stopped.

it was said the Supermicro M12SWA-TF has a noisy/whiny fan which runs always at full speed.
From my personal experience words "Supermicro" and "silence" are just antonyms.

Reactions: nasi