EU [WTB] motherboard for Epyc Rome

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

uldise

Jul 2, 2020
Hello!
in short: i'm looking for suggestions on new motherboard for my AMD Epyc 7282 with 4x32GB 2Rx8 RDIMM. i don't even need PCIe4, so Asrock EpycD8 for example will be enough.

long story: H12SSL-C just died this week after about year of usage. it simply wont boot anymore. this happens after i changed one PCIe card for another. no BMC LED when i connect power. i tried every combination, took out of server, run it on the table too, changed PSU, nothing helps. all fans just spins in full speed and that all. And in all that stress i broke one RAM slot too, so looks like i can not rma it too.. so this was just a very bad day for me..

so, any suggestions welcome,
Thanks.

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
The H12 has a 3 year warranty. Supermicro is quite good with warranty support. They generally don't even ask for a receipt.

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
They will charge you to replace the ram slot. I returned a X8DTL and they said it had a bad cpu socket. They charged me @ $50 us to replace the cpu socket.
Call them. Likely far cheaper than a new motherboard.

Reactions: ari2asem