WTB or need help with a dump of working BIOS from ASUS RS700A-E9-RS4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

automobile

May 16, 2017
Hello, STHers! :)
Got an ASUS RS700A-E9-RS4 (not V2) server (KNPP-D32 motherboard), but it appears that it was preprogrammed (better to say "overprogrammed" :rolleyes:) to use Rome AMD CPUs, but I need Naples.
Do I need a copy (or a dump) from a similar server (or board) that operates with Naples CPUs, or I can just buy a programmer, Winbond chip, download a necessary BIOS from a website and flash it to a chip?
So, does anyone have such a server (or a similar, that based on ASUS KNPP-D32 motherboard) that could share that copy (dump) of Winbond chip?
Or could anyone sell me a preprogrammed chip for this server? I saw theese guys, but I'm in Europe now...
I have attached picture of my Winbond chip. I suppose, it is Winbond 25q128fviq 1823
So, if anyone could help - would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I don't care to programe an eeprom for you if you provide me with the BIN file. You only need to pay for the shipping and maybe the eeprom chip (they're really cheap).

Reactions: automobile

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
fill the following and I'll try to find it for you

Device :
Brand :
Model:
Board number:
Request:

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
isn't it here?

Versión 1301(NAPLES)

2019/07/30 4.59 MBytes

KNPP-D32 Formal BIOS 1301 release.
1. Support NAPLES series CPU
2. Improve system performance

I think that's the one you need, could you try to flash it thru IPMI?

Last edited:

automobile

May 16, 2017
isn't it here?

Versión 1301(NAPLES)

2019/07/30 4.59 MBytes

KNPP-D32 Formal BIOS 1301 release.
1. Support NAPLES series CPU
2. Improve system performance

I think that's the one you need, could you try to flash it thru IPMI?
That's a correct BIOS and a correct motherboard's model. And of course, I tried to flash it via IPMI, but it's not allowed. As the board was flashed to operate the second Gen. EPYC CPUs (Rome) - you can't "downgrade" BIOS via IPMI for Naples. That's not allowed. IPMI says "check the board revision".

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
did you try to flash that file to the eeprom with a spi programer or with ipmitool? you can use a rpi to flash the eeprom

Last edited:

automobile

May 16, 2017
did you try to flash that file to the eeprom with a spi programer or with ipmitool? you can use a rpi to flash the eeprom
I tried to flash it via IPMI tool, but no luck as it says "check the board revision". Didn't try a programmer as I don't have a binary copy of BIOS from a similar motherboard. -> Is it possible to flash Winbond BIOS chip using a file downloaded from an official website or I should use a binary copy of Winbond chip from a similar motherboard?

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I tried to flash it via IPMI tool, but no luck as it says "check the board revision". Didn't try a programmer as I don't have a binary copy of BIOS from a similar motherboard. -> Is it possible to flash Winbond BIOS chip using a file downloaded from an official website or I should use a binary copy of Winbond chip from a similar motherboard?
Yes, it is possible

Anyway, before flashing that file, do a backup from the actual content of your motherboard's eeprom. And you can check if the update file is directly flashable opening it with the aptio software, would be easier if you got a rome cpu tho

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Is it possible to flash Winbond BIOS chip using a file downloaded from an official website or I should use a binary copy of Winbond chip from a similar motherboard?
unclear. above is the file for testing. UEFITool cap2bin works for almost all laptop models.
i can send you a preprogrammed chip too, i am in EU(DE)