Monoblock for H11DSi/H11DSi-NT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
just got around to installing my block.

H11DSi-NT in a Supermicro CSE-743 chassis
2x EPYC 7642 48-core/96-thread processors, running 240W cTDP.

previously, I had added some 9000rpm Nidec screamer fans to keep the VRMs under control (under 90C) to keep the system from throttling and/or shutting down unexpectedly. CPU core temps were managed well enough (75-80C) with a pair of supermicro 4U coolers.

after installing the block (MO-RA3 external rad), CPU temps are a little better (60-70C), but the VRM temps are WAYYY better, now hanging around 50-55C for the CPU VRMs at full load. I was able to remove the screamer fans and replace them with some normal 2800rpm fans and the system is much more tolerant to be around. this system is runninng 24/7on BOINC and with summer approaching, it was great to finally get this thing on water cooling. left some slack in the tubing so it's easy to swap in some 64-core chips when the upgrade itch gets me :)

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
Sorry, been very busy as of late. I do intend on sharing some models of this design as it doesn't look like there is enough interest to produce more. It may take some time to get them done and uploaded but I'm thinking either grabcad or thingiverse. I'll post here when I upload them.

AXm77

Sep 7, 2017
Nice block, but what is status of that project? Is there any chance for another production run?

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
Nice block, but what is status of that project? Is there any chance for another production run?
I'm sad to say that I cannot produce any more of these. I was going to publish my CAD files but I had a fire at my house last month and have been displaced. I won't be back in my home for another 5-6 months. I also just managed to get my home desktop back up and running in our current home so I'm hopeful I'll get my CAD workstation up and running this weekend. If there is interest in the 3D model still, let me know as I don't mind publishing it.

AXm77

Sep 7, 2017
If you can recover CAD files that would be great. I wish you good luck with your home situation.

Skillz

Apr 16, 2018
Do you have anymore of these for sale? I'm interested in a few of them.

edit
Just seen the last reply. That's a bummer. I would really like some of these.

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
Do you have anymore of these for sale? I'm interested in a few of them.

edit
Just seen the last reply. That's a bummer. I would really like some of these.
I ran into some problems posting some of my models on thingiverse, but I'll take another swing at it tonight. It requires the BarrowCH SP3/TR4 waterblock coldplate. It also requires a custom CNC'd VRM heatsink, top covers, and o-rings (I can get the specs). I have models for each that can be used for purchasing parts from most online CNC services (hubs, xometry, sendcutsend, etc.). Again, I'll gather the relevant info and try to post tonight.

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
You rock bro.

Send me your PayPal, I'll send ya a little something for your work making them.
No need - I've been promising I'd post them and just haven't. I'll make this a priority.

I've also been in contact with Wendell (L1Techs) to try and get my hands on any dual-SP5 mainboards ASAP because I'm thinking I want to make a monoblock for one of them.

Skillz

Apr 16, 2018
Oh that would be cool too. It'll be a while before I start buying that platform. I wait for the prices on the used market to drop a good bit.

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
I added a zip file download on my product page for the H11DSi monoblock. If anyone decides to make one, I'd be interested in seeing the result.

Last edited:
Reactions: automobile

DaTruAndi

Mar 10, 2023
What an awesome thread. I have been trying to find if there is something similar for H12DSi-NT6, for Gigabyte's MZ72-HB0, or for AsRock Rack ROME2D16-2T but did not even know what to look for, my google skills seem to be lacking still.
Where would you find mono-blocks for such boards in the first place? Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

EDIT:
I found one waterblock (but not monoblock) for the Gigabyte board.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex_stief

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
What an awesome thread. I have been trying to find if there is something similar for H12DSi-NT6, for Gigabyte's MZ72-HB0, or for AsRock Rack ROME2D16-2T but did not even know what to look for, my google skills seem to be lacking still.
Where would you find mono-blocks for such boards in the first place? Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

EDIT:
I found one waterblock (but not monoblock) for the Gigabyte board.
It would seem you've done pretty well finding *one* waterblock. When I started my project, the only waterblock I could find was from a French company, but when I purchased some to test, they only shipped two of the items I ordered (SSD heatsinks, custom G1/4 plugs) and never shipped the remaining $2.5k in parts. They claim that the shippment was lost but I was never provided a tracking number and when confronted about it they claimed they would refund me but never did.

I say that not to throw shade at them, but to warn you to do research on the company before you purchase anything custom or niche.

I have toyed with the idea of making versions of my monoblock to work with the H12DSi and the MZ72-HB0, but the cost and responsibility when the product fails is too much for me to consider. I produced a very low-quantity of my monoblock and had one customer report a leak in the temp sensor which caused one of his sockets to short and now doesn't work. I refurbished his block for free (obviously), and offered to help him get a new motherboard, but you can see where this could quickly ruin the fun for me as a hobbyist if one 64-core CPU fails because of my block.

All that said, I'd be interested in producing new models that can be downloaded and CNC'd for use with existing cold-plates, but I don't think I'm going to produce any new cooling products for enterprise-grade hardware.

If you have questions about the process, I'd be happy to answer what I can. Contact me directly though via my website: SALVO STUDIOS, LTD. .

Reactions: gsrcrxsi

DaTruAndi

Mar 10, 2023
I completely get it. Many years ago I tried to combine a hobby/enthusiast work with a business, but it would have never been viable in the end. Too many headaches.
I probably will end up with a pair of regular SP3/Threadripper Pro type waterblocks and figure out the VRM cooling myself.
Wonder if I just squeeze a lot of high-thermal conductivity material on them to shmooze them from all sides and on top add a large enough amount and large enough heatsinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
It would seem you've done pretty well finding *one* waterblock. When I started my project, the only waterblock I could find was from a French company, but when I purchased some to test, they only shipped two of the items I ordered (SSD heatsinks, custom G1/4 plugs) and never shipped the remaining $2.5k in parts.
hybridcooling-modding.fr?

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
yup. Mentioned in the first post of this thread.

It’s pretty much vaporware. I’m not aware of anyone that actually got one.
Shit, I was actually thinking of commissioning them for a HD 3850 AGP waterblock. Guess I won't!

esses

Mar 12, 2018
Funnily enough I saw this post and decided to follow up with them on that order... ghosted (been a week since i sent the message)

grsychckn

Feb 26, 2019
Funnily enough I saw this post and decided to follow up with them on that order... ghosted (been a week since i sent the message)
Yes, I gave up hounding them for my ~$2.5k order. Being international and slow-to-non-responsive, I figured it wouldn't be worth the cost to pursue legally. Too bad too, because I had plans on being a reseller for them. I'm glad I made a smaller purchase from them at first.