EU FS: Brocade VDX 6740T switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

luks

Sep 23, 2021
Helsinki, Finland
Selling a working Brocade VDX6740T-1G switch.
  • 48x 10GbE 10GBASE-T ports
  • 4x 40GbE QSFP+ ports
  • Firmware version 7.4.1b
  • Two power supplies
  • Five fan modules
  • Rack mounting kit
  • No cables or other accessories
Pictures: VDX6740T - Google Drive

The ports are unlocked to the max speeds by the previous owner. Check the pictures and screenshots and please send a message if you need more information. Firmware is in the factory settings, but SSH management access and DHCP client are enabled on the management port (so you don't need to use a serial cable for configuration). No warranty or returns.

The price is 300€. Possible payment methods are PayPal, bank transfer and maybe cryptocurrencies.

Shipping costs will be about 20-40€ for most EU countries and 70-80€ for the rest of the world. Please ask and tell me your country so I can check the cheapest shipping price. If you live in Finland, pickup is free.

Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
That is actually a crazy cheap switch in my opinion :) 48 10GBase-T ports.

Specs says that it uses 1W per 10Gbit port, but specs also says it can use up to 460W - so that is kind of conflicting.

Do you have any power consumption numbers & also how loud is it :)

Reactions: richard.dzavoronok

kedzior

Mar 21, 2018
Poland
I know this switch is pretty loud, there is also rather huge power consumption, I need to find a reason why not buy this one.

luks

Sep 23, 2021
Helsinki, Finland
That is actually a crazy cheap switch in my opinion :) 48 10GBase-T ports.

Specs says that it uses 1W per 10Gbit port, but specs also says it can use up to 460W - so that is kind of conflicting.

Do you have any power consumption numbers & also how loud is it :)
I think for 10Gb on copper it's closer to 5W/port. Maybe it will be lower if only using the ports at gigabit speed. The noise and power consumption are the main reasons why I'm selling it. It consumes about 180W idle with all ports enabled. It has overall 12x 40mm fans blowing at 8000-9000 RPM so it is kind of noisy too and I live in a single room apartment. However it might be possible to do a similar fan mod people have done on ICX6610 in this thread.

I know this switch is pretty loud, there is also rather huge power consumption, I need to find a reason why not buy this one.
Noise and power consumption are the main drawbacks for home use. If you can put it in a separate room and don't mind the electricity bill, it is a great switch.

Very good price!
Maybe I should increase it then haha

Jona

Dec 2, 2021
Massachusetts
n.ethz.ch
I think for 10Gb on copper it's closer to 5W/port. Maybe it will be lower if only using the ports at gigabit speed. The noise and power consumption are the main reasons why I'm selling it. It consumes about 180W idle with all ports enabled. It has overall 12x 40mm fans blowing at 8000-9000 RPM so it is kind of noisy too and I live in a single room apartment. However it might be possible to do a similar fan mod people have done on ICX6610 in this thread.

Noise and power consumption are the main drawbacks for home use. If you can put it in a separate room and don't mind the electricity bill, it is a great switch.

Maybe I should increase it then haha
Does it allow to turn off a hand full of ports to reduce the idle power consumption?