5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jtarasovic

Apr 3, 2021
Picked one up with 32GB of RAM.

Any idea on the correct DIMM ordering?

It came with sticks in B and D.
The manual says (more than once) B then A.
When installing memory modules, the DIMM slots should be populated in the following order:
DIMMB1, DIMMA1, DIMME1, DIMMD1.

I've moved to B and A but if anyone has any insights, they'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: and the block diagram isn't of any help from what I can gather.

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
If you are looking at the unit from the front you want 2 sticks in the 2 left slots sided near the powersupply on motherboard and none on the right side of the cpu socket. I have 2x32GB in mine and that is what I interpreted from the manual and boots/works fine.

Reactions: jtarasovic

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Thank you @Patrick. FWIW there are plenty (26) of new retail boxed motherboard with atx io panel on the bay about $200USD less than the server deal in this thread (incl ship but not current OBO - whatever that is).

The review and bare board availability has me pondering swapping the motherboard (x10srl/ 2680v4) in my always on server with this board - looks like I'd see about a 100w power savings at idle, more or less. Though would also presume that TrueNAS Scale goes RC soonish.

cbarbie

Mar 10, 2011
US-VA
Reactions: Brian Puccio

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Anyone have any experience with using these boards for a NAS build? Thinking the U-NAS 810a would be perfect. Just gotta figure out how to get some airflow on the passive cooler without it sounding like a jet engine...

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Dang now I want one of these event though I don't need it, thanks STH
It's The STH Effect™ (not actually trademarked, but looks cooler this way, lol) :) Making you want to buy what you don't need! :D

But the The STH Effect™ also works in another way--wiping out inventory so that there's none to buy!

And the third way The STH Effect™ works is to raise prices on otherwise great deals to the point they're not great anymore.

You can run; you can hide--but The STH Effect™ will find you. :D

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
Necrothread!

No longer $500, but still available asking $825 with $45 to ship. Looking at the purchase history they were at $710 back in April '22.