Intel DC P4500 4TB SSDs - Worth the price?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TonyArrr

Sep 22, 2021
Straylia
Hey all,

I've been offered a set of five 4TB P4500 NVMe SSDs (SSDPE2KX040T7) for USD$325 per unit. I had popped them on my eBay watchlist while I was looking up a few models for info and the seller threw out the offer.
I haven't actually been able to find a lot about these once specifically, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with or knowledge of them and could give an opinion of if it seems:
- a good price
- TOO good a price

I've also be paying 100US in shipping and about 165US in import taxes to get them to me.

Here is the eBay page (promise not to STH effect me, mmkay? )

Jordan Perdue

Jul 15, 2018
The price is fine, all things considered. I would keep the following things in mind though:

-Chia has cratered in 'value', so a lot of these drives are being sold without any usage data provided. The endurance of that model isn't low, but it's leaning towards read intensive workloads (4850TBW on 4TB). A year of chia mining on it would easily take a large bite of the expected write allowance.
-no warranty
-rather low write iops

Other than those risks they look great. Caveat emptor. :) Offer 275-300/ea imo