New Switch Enterprise 8 POE from UBI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaddyGrant

Jul 14, 2016
I have one. So far so good however you'll need to run a beta version of the controller to manage it. Ubiquity has a lot of "feedback" on the quirks of every version of their controller software so keep that in mind.

I've also tried 3rd party SPF+ to Ethernet modules and they've synced up at 10/5/2/5Gbe without issue.

Con:
It takes a while to boot.

casperghst42

Sep 14, 2015
I have one. So far so good however you'll need to run a beta version of the controller to manage it. Ubiquity has a lot of "feedback" on the quirks of every version of their controller software so keep that in mind.

I've also tried 3rd party SPF+ to Ethernet modules and they've synced up at 10/5/2/5Gbe without issue.

Con:
It takes a while to boot.
Interesting, we’ll see how the market looks like when it becomes readily available. I got a couple of Nano’s from them, I kind of like them, but I would hope that things would work without having the controller running all the time. Also I’ll wait and see what they offer with the L3 FW update, we’ll see.

Thanks.