EU Some Brocade switches (ICX 6610 etc)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Posted this in the Brocade thread but I guess a Great Deals thread will reach a larger crowd:

Guy I know is looking to unload some Brocade switches as they're taking WAY too much room in his storage.

He's got:
He's working on getting international shipping possible, if you're interested in any of the above switches best to contact him directly: info a t happybytes d o t nl

Last edited:

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Just wondering, is this like, his own shop, and he owns all the stuff there? Any other products are also from him?

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Just wondering, is this like, his own shop, and he owns all the stuff there? Any other products are also from him?
Yeah, he runs a business selling computer hardware like laptops and decided to try reselling enterprise stuff like these switches. Problem is: it's enterprise stuff so the market for them outside sites like STH is small.

Reactions: Yunia and tinfoil3d

m4r1k

Nov 4, 2016
I hate this forum. It's making me buy things. :(
Honestly the ICX7750 piece is a steal, how could one pass a 48x 10Gbps and 6x 40Gbps Trident2 when for that piece there is literally nothing on eBay and second hand market?

Reactions: Sleyk

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Honestly the ICX7750 piece is a steal, how could one pass a 48x 10Gbps and 6x 40Gbps Trident2 when for that piece there is literally nothing on eBay and second hand market?
Too big to need, too small to want?;)

Reactions: Sleyk

hallodeletue

Aug 14, 2020
Spoke to him earlier today, he apparently sold a single 6450-24P to Germany.
That would be me. I realized that my 6450-48P was way oversized for my needs, so why not save a couple of Watts?
They package arrived in best order, the switch was exceptionally well packaged, I'm glad the offer came up. Thanks for posting!
Pre-Brexit the sources from the UK used to be the best prized ones, but ever since then it became more difficult to get a hand on those switches for a reasonable price....

Reactions: Yunia

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Was the price for 7750 over 1000 euro? Was that a good price?

pekare

Nov 24, 2019
I had been contemplating upgrading my switches for a while. But the used market in EU (Sweden) is not favorable to say the least..

When I saw this I bought a 6450-24p and it arrived in very good condition. The shipping was fast and it was extremely well packaged. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Wasmachineman_NL

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Spoke to him today, he sold some more switches to the UK, France, Hungary, Germany. Anyone from here?

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
Yes ! I got one sent to France. I am waiting a serial cable to configure it.
I change the fan for a noctua one, but I may switch back if temp are too high.

monotux

Oct 23, 2019
Kiruna, Sweden
www.monotux.tech
Did someone from here buy the ICX 6610's?
I was tempted but the wattage is too high. I'll probably regret that in the long run.

I went with a 6450-24p, just configured it. Excellent condition, great packaging, and once I had my console cables it was really straight forward to setup.

The only downside this far is the lack of ansible modules for this switch.