Intel DC P4510 SSDs good for a home VM / Nas System?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

j.battermann

Aug 22, 2016
I am currently contemplating replacing an aging Synology NAS with a new system and while the NAS / Storage parts will mostly be run with HDDs, I also want to run 2 or 3 lightweight VMs on the system and looking for reliable SSDs to go with it.

I can get my hands on a few 1TB Intel DC P4510 SSDs and was wondering if those made sense for the VM part of the system? I primarily want to make a purchase once and not deal with that part of the system (for the most part) in quite a while and rather go with something stable/reliable over cheaper/more exotic.

While this is quite a broad question and probably difficult to answer, I guess I just would like to get an idea if those are considered in the ballpark of 'can't go wrong with them' or 'well it really depends and might hurt you if you don't fully understand what they are good for or not'.

Any thoughts/recommendations would be highly welcomed!

Thanks,
-Joerg

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
For a couple lightweight VMs they'll work great :)

I use P4500\P4510 in my workstation\desktop and in light weight systems like you've said, so far so good :)

Reactions: j.battermann