WL 4TB SATA $14.99 Ebay scam and dead

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Likely stolen account scam. No sales in the last year and the ones they have are for clothing and accessories. Low price and free shipping is another clue.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
You know, I always wonder what the game plan is? Gather a whole ton of money, then bust out the joint? Ebay/Paypal wont let you get away with that much money right? I've seen scam listings before, and I see sometimes hundreds of people buying, as if to take a chance since the price is so low. But its almost guaranteed to be a scam.

I just wonder what the game plan is? Collect all the money and make a run to Mexico?
If you manage to compromise someone's account, might own the login to their bank account and could transfer the money out if fast enough? eBay takes a few days to pay out, but PayPal is still pretty much instant.

I had a ~$7k transaction a couple months ago where that appeared to have happened. Item was listed for a good price (~20% less than I'd expect to pay, but a very low volume thing) with actual photos.

Reactions: Sleyk

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
You know, I always wonder what the game plan is? Gather a whole ton of money, then bust out the joint? Ebay/Paypal wont let you get away with that much money right? I've seen scam listings before, and I see sometimes hundreds of people buying, as if to take a chance since the price is so low. But its almost guaranteed to be a scam.

I just wonder what the game plan is? Collect all the money and make a run to Mexico?
Could be a bit of stupid involved.

Reactions: Sleyk