WTB-US(-E): Motherboard with Xeon D-1541, D-1587 or D-2146NT / D-2183IT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

j.battermann

Aug 22, 2016
Hey there,

I am currently looking to get a new home NAS together with the potential to run a very few, lightweight VMs on it as well. I am currently ping-ponging a bit back and forth between what I want and what I need (a xeon-d 1541 would probably/realistically be good enough) but if someone is looking into parting with a motherboard with either of the Xeons, let me know what you'd want for it. If you have ram (32 or 64) that comes along with it / also must go, I'd certainly consider that!

I am unlikely to buy an entire barebones unless it is either a 2u or home-nas chassis with 5+ hdd slots and would not want to pay for components I'd have to toss.

Thanks!
-Joerg

j.battermann

Aug 22, 2016
Yep I have.. contemplating a bit about the price / do I really 'need' it (see above)... and got in touch already. Thanks for the hint though!

I am leaning a bit more towards D-1587 / D-1541 ones just given that they seem to be a tad more affordable etc...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Totally depends on what you need - more pcie slots, nvme then the x11sdvs are way ahead. Also might keep you in play for a longer time since they are newer, the 15xx series is getting a bit long in the tooth...