EU ADi-SA2X-BE (HP T730 equivalent) £55.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

erik29gamer

Jan 28, 2019

Seller has a handful of these available, look like nice little boxes, equivalent to the HP T730 and DFI DT122-BE. I would love one to play with (already have the DFI), but the seller hasn't responded to me about shipping to the USA.

If anyone grabs one, give us all an update!

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Neat little box that's a lot more expandable than the T730. Looks like it was designed for point of sale duty as it has a lot of serial ports, hot swap hdds, 4x displayports, lots of usb, and even a full size x16 slot. I'd say the native dual wan makes this even better than the T730. :) Nice find! Definitely report back if they'll ship to the USA. :)

sovking

Jun 2, 2011
The seller has only 97,7% feedback score and a limited number of (private) transactions. Take care.

Datamonkeh

Jan 25, 2021
Just purchased one for £50 for a pfsense build, fingers crossed...
Would be interested in if the NIC's are Intel or Realtek based - either way it should be a decent contender for *sense (without he later Realtek driver fix) or Untangle etc. From a similar deals here (same SoC, different board/PSU) it looks like 25w idle and the x1 and x16 PCIe gives 10Gb options. I'm half tempted to grab one, even if it's not for firewall duties. STH should come with a health warning, may cause financial harm and physical injury (when your OH try's to beat you to death with your latest 'bargain').

• Haha

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Would be interested in if the NIC's are Intel or Realtek based - either way it should be a decent contender for *sense (without he later Realtek driver fix) or Untangle etc. From a similar deals here (same SoC, different board/PSU) it looks like 25w idle and the x1 and x16 PCIe gives 10Gb options. I'm half tempted to grab one, even if it's not for firewall duties. STH should come with a health warning, may cause financial harm and physical injury (when your OH try's to beat you to death with your latest 'bargain').
I prefer to tell people to spend their money more wisely - who knows if all the machines are working pulls, if the manufacturer still supports them (without a contract), what BIOS options are enabled out of the box, what the noise levels are like (the DT122 is known for being noisy), how large they really are, how effective they are at wicking away heat, or if they are missing anything (I.e. they didn’t get rid of the drive caddies along with the drives). The Reddit discussion doesn’t really provide much for details.

AK360

Feb 25, 2021
I prefer to tell people to spend their money more wisely - who knows if all the machines are working pulls, if the manufacturer still supports them (without a contract), what BIOS options are enabled out of the box, what the noise levels are like (the DT122 is known for being noisy), how large they really are, how effective they are at wicking away heat, or if they are missing anything (I.e. they didn’t get rid of the drive caddies along with the drives). The Reddit discussion doesn’t really provide much for details.
Well you are covered by eBay for anything not working and for things like missing caddies that could easily be argued to prevent normal operation. Looking forward to receiving mine and will respond to this thread once I have checked it over and prodded it :)

Datamonkeh

Jan 25, 2021
Skepticism is healthy, but it feels like you're taking it further than seems reasonable based on available information - you may still be right though.

Listing clearly states working/soak tested, pics look clean, you're covered by eBay Buyer Protection, not sure where your caddy point came from, but if anything is missing, irrespective, you're covered. Not sure I follow the logic that a different case, PSU board and fans will be noisy because the DT122 is, they use a similar CPU cooler/fan, but thats about it and the fix is easy/cheap (who doesn't have an 80mm fan kicking about and adapters are cheap) and a small PSU is likely to be audible, but it's not likely to be a screamer (relative term). Specs as posted on the reddit discussion in question (with dimensions):

System specs: https://www.adlinktech.com/Products...\ADi-SA2X-BE_datasheet_en_20170616_3pages.pdf

As you prefer to tell people to spend money more wisely, the closest I could get was a cheap i3 6100 SFF with 1 PCIe, 4GB and 500GB HDD (i've grabbed two recently for £60-70), onboard is invariably Realtek, so budget £10 for an old intel PT-2T for firewall usage or £40 for something like an i340-T4, again this is usually parts bin fodder, it's a better CPU, the GPU is more suited to transcoding (Plex/handbrake) and the Dell/Lenovo SFF's run quiet, so may be a better option depending on the usage.

aty

Mar 19, 2021
AllI can say is seller came down to £45 at one point.
Thanks.

Just need to know if it will run pfsense.

I bought t T730 which is I haven't started on, and this is less than half of what I paid for it, so hoping that the 2 members on here that order one have the answer.

aty

Mar 19, 2021
It'll run pfsense (though after this weeks drama I would suggest you may want to reconsider and suggest OPNSense as an alternative).
Can you provide further info please?

Were the built in Nic's Intel ?

And what drama are yu refering to ?

Thanks

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
Can you provide further info please?

Were the built in Nic's Intel ?

And what drama are yu refering to ?

Thanks
I thin he is refering to the pfsense + wireguard drama.
TL;DR is that Netgate, the maintainers of pfSense, paid a developer to create a Wireguard implementation that would be compatible with FreeBSD. But the creator of wireguard looked at the code, and he felt like it was poor quality. And it went of from there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/m6zjie

AK360

Feb 25, 2021
Hi All,

Mine arrived and I have to say I'm very impressed really well made, pretty much silent 2x i210 intel Nics built in. Happily accepts Mellanox 25Gb Nics. runs pfSense great.

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Hi All,

Mine arrived and I have to say I'm very impressed really well made, pretty much silent 2x i210 intel Nics built in. Happily accepts Mellanox 25Gb Nics. runs pfSense great.
Is it likely that it runs VMWare ESXi 7.0?

Sounds really great.

EDIT:
What I found out, T730 can run ESXi 6.7. 7.0 not possible as of realteak card, but this device has Intel i210.
Unoffically supports 32GB RAM.

Last edited:

aty

Mar 19, 2021
Hi All,

Great.

So you installed pfsense without any issues and without any additional cards?

Did you have to do any bios upgardes or switch off/on anything in the bios ?

Thanks for replying

AK360

Feb 25, 2021
No
Great.

So you installed pfsense without any issues and without any additional cards?

Did you have to do any bios upgardes or switch off/on anything in the bios ?

Thanks for replying
It installed and worked fine as stock with no added modifications for pfSense. I believe there is a bios update for this but I haven't tried it yet.