Is anyone else getting stir crazy?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ramblinreck47

Aug 3, 2019
My tests came back positive for the ‘rona today. Had bad sinus cold-like symptoms starting last Saturday and decided to stay home on Monday and went and got tested. Overall, I now just have a little congestion and a slight cough in the morning but that’s it. Sucks for my wife and kids who are going to be stuck at home for another week.

Wish the X570D4U-2L2T would come into stock so I can do this build before I finish quarantine.

Reactions: Patrick

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
My tests came back positive for the ‘rona today. Had bad sinus cold-like symptoms starting last Saturday and decided to stay home on Monday and went and got tested. Overall, I now just have a little congestion and a slight cough in the morning but that’s it. Sucks for my wife and kids who are going to be stuck at home for another week.

Wish the X570D4U-2L2T would come into stock so I can do this build before I finish quarantine.
Yeah, that's the thing about the 'rona. Some people got over it quickly without long term side-effects, but others came out pretty badly even though they don't have much in terms of pre-existing conditions. I lost my sense of smell for nearly a month and still need to take OTC cough suppressants like Delsym before heading out (nearly 6 months on).

I am actually looking forward to whatever Dell/Wyse is cooking up as a 5070 thin client replacement...Maybe a Ryzen V2000 machine? I certainly hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick

ramblinreck47

Aug 3, 2019
Yeah, that's the thing about the 'rona. Some people got over it quickly without long term side-effects, but others came out pretty badly even though they don't have much in terms of pre-existing conditions. I lost my sense of smell for nearly a month and still need to take OTC cough suppressants like Delsym before heading out (nearly 6 months on).

I am actually looking forward to whatever Dell/Wyse is cooking up as a 5070 thin client replacement...Maybe a Ryzen V2000 machine? I certainly hope so.
I don't believe I've lost my sense of smell or taste but it is definitely subdued at the moment do to all the sinus issues. I have a cough now but it's a productive cough and is only present early in the morning or late at night. So far, it's only been like a bad cold, but everyday has gotten better. I'm about a week in, so we'll see what happens the next week or so.

armandh

Nov 21, 2020
St louis county mo
I retired 27 years ago and have been on a plane 2x since then. it was enough then and I hear it is worse now.
a fellow senior to me in our industry is still working/ traveling and enjoys it.

but a bit stir crazy