Ruckus R610 Great deal 3x3 radio 802.11ac Wave 2 $99 each .

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Konger

Nov 24, 2019
yeah that seller .. was selling at $125 for over a week one by one on ebay with a new listing each time.... I had some friends get them and shipped to me so I can flash it for them. It was loaded with SZ 3.6 firmware. Then all of the sudden today I noticed he listed for $99 had 8 available. So at that pointed I ended up picking up 3 for give them as Xmas presents for family members. Definitely, the person got them from large company that upgraded since the wifi broadcast SSID was all the same.

gizzard

Nov 21, 2020
First time poster! This is a great community.

Can confirm these are solid. I got one at $125 from this seller and it arrived with SZ firmware as I recall with three corporate sounding SSIDs. I just followed these instructions from Ruckus to change it over to Unleashed. I am very impressed with these APs. One r610 is reliably covering the same area that one UAP-AC-Lite and one UAP-AC-Pro struggled with. Note that these do not come with an AC adapter or POE injector. If you power them with 802.3af injector, the AP will complain about not having enough power, which has implications for 2.5 Ghz transmission strength.

Reactions: Samir and Sleyk

bburg

Jun 21, 2017
This may be a dumb question, but are you mounting these to the ceiling? If so, how? I realized after ordering that it doesn't say that it comes with a mounting bracket.

gizzard

Nov 21, 2020
This may be a dumb question, but are you mounting these to the ceiling? If so, how? I realized after ordering that it doesn't say that it comes with a mounting bracket.
Here is the mounting accessory list I found at Ruckus. My AP came with the T-bar bracket (part number 902-0195-0000). The back of the AP has standard screw slide-hole thingy's (sorry, I don't know what these are called) keyhole mounts that you can also mount with using screws and anchors. See the last page of the Quick Start Guide for a drilling template.

Last edited:

klui

Feb 3, 2019
If you are in the US, you can use the most common mounting system available. Their mounting holes align perfectly with electrical boxes (and by extension low-voltage brackets). Of course, if you need to mount on dropped ceilings you will need a special bracket for rails but for a home it's very simple.

You just need to be aware the device has a spring loaded locking mechanism where an unbent paperclip can be used.

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
I'm in, bought one. Will likely use an injector into this and forego the 2.5 strength. Hoping to replace an AC-PRO and an AC-Lite. If the R610 can't cover my house, not sure which to keep. The throughputs on the R610 and AC-PRO are apparently the same.

gizzard

Nov 21, 2020
I'm in, bought one. Will likely use an injector into this and forego the 2.5 strength. Hoping to replace an AC-PRO and an AC-Lite. If the R610 can't cover my house, not sure which to keep. The throughputs on the R610 and AC-PRO are apparently the same.
If you power it with a "POE+" / 802.3at injector or switch, you will get full 2.4 GHz strength. I just got a Ruckus AC adapter off of Amazon for about $25.

Konger

Nov 24, 2019
those that need a POE+ injector.. I suggest getting this one.. It's $17.99 now.. but on Black Friday last year I got them for $9.99

Normally I know these get bundled with certain hikvision cameras that require more power. A bit bigger than your standard POE injector.. but it's all metal case and solid.

These can power the R610, but you need to force it into 802.3at mode in unleashed. You can do a system override or an individual override on the AP it's.