Virtual Windows workstation run on a headless CentOS server running KVM with ...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StephD

Dec 17, 2013
Actually this seems to feature a buzzer alarm system. Could do the trick for a home system. I'd just need to power off the fan.

Last edited:

StephD

Dec 17, 2013
I have all the SSDs I ordered yet.

I wonder if I made a mistake formatting my S3500 to 120 GB (I didn't really decide anything and let OmniOS initialize the disk for me).

I'm a little nervous the same thing could happen to my new expensive (for me) M500 480GB.

Indeed, I don't know what I'll be uding it for in the future and I read everywhere how it's important to safe some space for extra OP (longevity).

Last edited:

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I am having trouble following what you are doing/ looking for help on.

StephD

Dec 17, 2013
Sorry about that. I'm tired and shouldn't be posting. I'll make it all clear tomorrow. Thanks.

StephD

Dec 17, 2013
I have all the SSDs I ordered yet.

I wonder if I made a mistake formatting my S3500 to 120 GB (I didn't really decide anything and let OmniOS initialize the disk for me).

I'm a little nervous the same thing could happen to my new expensive (for me) M500 480GB.

Indeed, I don't know what I'll be uding it for in the future and I read everywhere how it's important to safe some space for extra OP (longevity).
Here I'd need help to decide if I need to format my M500 to 400GB if I want to be able to use in a write intensive production array later.

StephD

Dec 17, 2013
IPMI complains with LED error 2 then 16. Seems related to disks. I couldn't log in to IPMI anymore. I unplugged them all but the boot drive and got it working (after a cold reboot). System console still logs disk errors and I suspect the cheap SATA to USB adapter I use with the OCZ drive on the internal USB port. I'll unplug it too later today.