Newbie - X470D4U / ryzen 3700X - Network issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

slotdime

Jul 31, 2020
Hi, *, again .
I'm going into network problems this time .
The network is quite old and have several patches (switches and also some hubs!) .

After several rounds I got to copy (scp) a 40GB file from one existing server to a kvm guest at this computer at gigabit speed .
At 18GB the copy process was like "suspended" only to resume after 20 - 30 minutes and eventually the file got through.
After that, I was unable to connect from that existing server to this guest from that server , ever !!! . Only way is from a windows machine using putty .

Also tried to copy same file from the existing server to the host and the best I got was a bail at 7 GB with a "Broken pipe " message.
I'm "almost" sure they are on same segment of "good" switches .

Should I still working on os/interfaces /links? I guess this is more an network administration problem (traffic limits, etc)

I'm getting to the point of put this computer on other "environment" out of that company to continue diagnosing this problem.

Errrrr, help !

Regards

slotdime

Jul 31, 2020
EDIT: I'm using debian10/amd64 right now. Same problem with debian testing (11/Bullseye)

slotdime

Jul 31, 2020
EDIT 2 : as debian 10 uses 4.19 kernel , installed kernel 5.7 from backports and scp'ing works without issue from the existing server to this host . Newer kernel has lots of enablement of Ryzen platform, specially 5.7

slotdime

Jul 31, 2020
EDIT 3 : looking arp entries on existing server, I got to a different mac address with same ip.
The "network guy" swore about that ip, until some honest "pair conversation" chimed in ...
Assigned this host other ip number : all is well (after almost 2 weeks of guessingwork...)

Sorry for the bandwitdh.