Potential deal: $150 Sandisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen II 1.7TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bilson

Oct 5, 2016
Seller accepted $145 for 2. I am having a hard time finding the 1.7TB size in the specs. Sandisk lists 1.6TB as the highest capacity.
I would assume these are non retail channel. Having second thoughts about paying this price for a drive manufactured in 2016 if the picture is the actual product. Just noticed, title says Eco, but picture is Ultra...

Last edited:

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Perhaps it is a 3PAR disk, I believe we have seen those with odd capacities in the past.

I am not so sure it is a great deal, but it doesn't look awful either :)

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
It would be interesting to see the smart data on it once you get it. That might tell you exactly how much of a deal it is. :)

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hmm,
Sales posting are a bit weird.
Title says CloudSpeed Eco - picture are a CloudSpeed Ultra + description is from CloudSpeed Ultra.

Ultras are sold in 400GB,800GB,1.6TB versions: https://www.sandisk.com/content/dam...cloudspeed-ultra-genII-sata-ssd-datasheet.pdf

Eco 480GB,960GB,1.92TB : https://www.sandisk.com/content/dam...s/cloudspeed-eco-genII-sata-ssd-datasheet.pdf

So whatever you get - if you are not happy I would just request a refund :) Since the sales posting are all over the place and its hard to know what it is you are buying.

You just gotta love it when people re-use old sales postings and don't update them correctly.

bilson

Oct 5, 2016
I wish, $145 each, just $5 off basically.
I don't intend to write lots of data to these so I may be ok with decreased life up to a point of course. I just don't have an idea what would I get. Anything less than 50% life left makes these a bad deal to me, compared to a brand new drive. Newegg had 1TB MX500 for $110 the other day. Less density but 5 year warranty is hard to beat. Lately, I've seen used ssd prices go up on ebay, likely due to the coronavirus inventory dip of new items and associated price jump from factory downtime.

Jax43

Jun 5, 2020
Anyone received the item? Any more information? I would like to get this too. Thanks.

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
Anyone received the item? Any more information? I would like to get this too. Thanks.
Just got them in - they are Ultra II models like the pictures - so the title for the listing was wrong. They are July 2016 dates for both of mine - but that is all I have so far. I am going to throw them in a USB caddy and see what SeaTools pops up.

Reactions: Samir and Jax43

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
Here's the two drives I picked up. Looks like they were used for 3.5 years give-or-take and have had 400-600TBW so far in that time span.
Spec sheet for these says 5.26PBW for warrantied endurance - so they still have some life and maybe some warranty left in them!

SSD_1.PNG
SSD_2.PNG

triples

Nov 2, 2019
Here's the two drives I picked up. Looks like they were used for 3.5 years give-or-take and have had 400-600TBW so far in that time span.
Spec sheet for these says 5.26PBW for warrantied endurance - so they still have some life and maybe some warranty left in them!
Thanks for the info! My experience with Sandisk enterprise department is that they would ask for proof of original purchase before providing any support/warranty.

Reactions: Samir and Navy_BOFH

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
Thanks for the info! My experience with Sandisk enterprise department is that they would ask for proof of original purchase before providing any support/warranty.
I was afraid that was the case - I never dealt with SanDisk before... but I was hopeful.

Also of note: these do not have a "vanity label" on the other side of the chassis like some promotional photos show... just the label with the serial/firmware and no branding/model naming anywhere else. So I am assuming these came from an OEM build of some sort.

bilson

Oct 5, 2016
So basically 75-80% of life left. If that's the typical usage, price may be ok for an enterprise drive.