Deal? 24 3Com 5500G-EI switches auction -- $535 @Jan21

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

vv111y

May 6, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Don't know if this is useful, but just in case I figured I'll post it here. My experience it may go up to $1000 by the end of it. Located in NJ.

3Com 5500G Switches - 24 and 48 ports (24+ units) - GovDeals.com

Gov auction, here is the blurb:

The 3Com Switch 5500G-EI 48-Port is a premium stackable 10/100/1000 switch with Enhanced Image (EI) software for businesses running the most demanding network applications requiring the highest "five 9s" network uptime. 48 ports operate at 10/100/1000; four of these ports are dual-purposed with four SFP-based Gigabit ports. Expansion module slot offers additional Gigabit or 10-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. The Switch 5500G-EI supports distributed, resilient 3Com XRN® Stacking Technology with 48 Gbps stacking bandwidth (96 Gbps full duplex) and advanced Layer 3 (RIP / OSPF) routing, Layer 2-4 QoS, and rate limiting features. This switch provides extensive security features—SNMP v3, SSH, network login—and resilient hot-swap stacking for simplified management and monitoring. Switches were removed from service due to changeover to Cisco Equipment. Most were in working order at that time, however, switch condition is not warranted. Quantities: 20+ 48 port switches and 4+ 24 port switches

TangoWhiskey9

Jun 28, 2013
That auction is for 24+ units and I think you need to remove them on site. More like a group buy opportunity.

vv111y

May 6, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Yes, there are freight companies that deal with these auctions and do go onsite. If I have time tomorrow I will call them up and see how much it would cost.
I can see where the ebay guys add some value - even if I got these shipped to my address and parceled them out, I can't test them all. But yes, this is good for a group buy