FS: Ultimate Workstation-server 2x Xeon platinum 8176 ES 56 cores 112 thread and 4x D5-P442 -[US,MI]

Is the price too high?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You should decrease it dramatically

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Riyad Alalami

Feb 19, 2020
Just as a notice I am sharing almost the exact same information as in my ebay listing, I am new this forum I have been lurking for the past few months so I am sorry if this is against any of the rules, I would gladly fix that
I am putting a $7000 price on this beast which is more than I built it for not including the days of work I spent on it.
If this isn't a fair price please let me know.
You are welcome to make an offer if reasonable and with an argument for example (I can get this component for $X with a listing supporting that) I would give it a thought.
You are also welcome to offer without an argument, but your chances would be lower of getting a deal with me.

I built this beast of a workstation and I really feel bad for needing to sell it but I crashed my car and I need a car more than I need 56 cores and 112 threads and 30TB of state of the art Intel NVMe storage. That being out of the way

All the parts in this system are either brand new or saw very little use.
Please read the specs and look at the pictures very carefully and don't be afraid to get in touch.
Offers are welcome but please don't low ball this system toke a great amount of time to build and I am selling at a loss even at full price not counting my time.

Here are the specs :

• 2x Xeon Platinum 8176 ES (Engineering Sample)
    1.8Ghz base up to 4.1Ghz/core as advertised but haven't really tested the 4.1Ghz boost myself
    hasn't crashed once the performance is absolutely mind boggling
  • 4x Intel Intel D5-P4420 ES 7.68TB NVMe U.2 SSD
    Loaded with commercial firmware and have almost no use on them other than bench-marking
  • 2 X 2TB Samsung QVO SSD in hot-swap drive cage
    Can decrease the price a bit if you don't want them
  • ASUS WS C621E motherboard
    The bios was updated to allow for the engineering sample CPU
    The bios will be provided in a flash drive
  • Corsair HX1200I
  • RTX 2070
    Very Little to no use
  • 64GB ECC RAM
  • 4x Noctua NF-A12x25 120mm
  • The front 2 are blowing over the NVMe drives directly
  • 2x Noctua NH-D9 for super quite and cool operation.
    The CPUs max out at 50C (I don't think I have seen more than that while stress testing)
  • Corsair Graphite 760T
    there is a couple scratches on the top right can be seen in pictures

The system is totally warranted by myself for a year (a contract will guarantee that for you).
If any components fails other than that of user error I would be responsible for replacing or fixing that component.

You will have support for a whole year.
If you need anything done you can send me an email or call me, and I would be more than glad to help.
I promise support within 24 hour response time.
Even after the year I would still love to help, I just love working on computers
I have a windows license that I can install if requested, I am currently running Linux on it

Also I know how to package this beast so it won't get a ding on the way.

Reactions: nofearek9 and Samir

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I would also recommend to split this up - usually you can make more then.
This is a specialized system (very high core count, low freq) that will compete against high core AMD boxes.

Its main feature (and primary cost driver) are the 4 NVMe SSDs which make probably half the cost. Problem with ES (or likely QS) drives is that you don't get the Intel warranty on those (which is a main driver to get Intel drives since they have very good replacement policy [not necessarily best firmware but that's another issue]). If you sold those separately then the main rig might go easier.
Problem with them is that there are no performance numbers (that I could find) to compare them against the competition (hgst sn200's or micron's), so maybe if you can provide some numbers this might help selling

You also should provide the stepping for the Xeons so ppl can compare to current prices (eg I see some 8176 ES for 150 and some for 450)

Lastly you can split out the GTX which might get sold quite easy

Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I would also recommend to split this up - usually you can make more then.
This is a specialized system (very high core count, low freq) that will compete against high core AMD boxes.

Its main feature (and primary cost driver) are the 4 NVMe SSDs which make probably half the cost. Problem with ES (or likely QS) drives is that you don't get the Intel warranty on those (which is a main driver to get Intel drives since they have very good replacement policy [not necessarily best firmware but that's another issue]). If you sold those separately then the main rig might go easier.
Problem with them is that there are no performance numbers (that I could find) to compare them against the competition (hgst sn200's or micron's), so maybe if you can provide some numbers this might help selling

You also should provide the stepping for the Xeons so ppl can compare to current prices (eg I see some 8176 ES for 150 and some for 450)

Lastly you can split out the GTX which might get sold quite easy

Just my 2 cents :)
?

Intel® SSD D5-P4420 Series (7.68TB, 2.5in PCIe 3.1 x4, 3D2, QLC) Product Specifications

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Specification yes, reviews with actual numbers no;)
Probably misphrased that

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Specification yes, reviews with actual numbers no;)
Probably misphrased that
LOL, yeah, you didn't say you wanted reviews. You don't need reviews to see these drives are not top performers though ;)