FS: Silent C2000 Server (A1SAi-2750f, 32gb, Akasa Case & 2 SSD)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Totally silent server. Fully tested and working great.

Offered on STH for $350 obo, shipped free to USA destinations.
I'd rather not deal with international shipping (sorry).
I accept payment by PayPal.
System is complete server. A bit older now but really able to do a lot. Perfect for small Proxmox server, eSXI, pfSense, freeNAS (though not much room for disks) or other light/medium duty server tasks.

Chassis has room for 2 more 2.5" drives, though the remaining SATA ports on the MB are SATA-II (the two installed SSDs are on the SATA-III ports). I've run M.2 NVMe drives in it on a 1U carrier board, but with no internal airflow they do get quite warm.

Both drives have been wiped. You'll need to load your own OS.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLinux and Samir

brmiller

Jan 1, 2017
This looks suspiciously like some of the first gen Antsle boxes, which I researched strongly before deciding rather to build an equivalent 1U version. Despite all the hassles with the Atom C2xxx bug, SM has fixed mine and I still enjoy good LXD performance out of them. Glad to see the passive heat sink case is available for DIYers. Still a great platform and worth he price - that RAM was a pain to come by when I built mine. I’d purchase if I didn’t already have two and prefer rack equipment!

Reactions: Samir

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
The Alaska case was available retail about a year before Antsle started using them in their product. They have a full line of similar heatsink cases for a variety of motherboards, from rPi to more traditional x86 systems.

Speaking of the C2000 bug - the offered MB is a rev 1. While an older board is often considered a risk, in this case it carries a CPU that pre-dates the introduction of the no-post bug. SM has confirmed,

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Bump. Price dropped. Make me offers - its a really nice, complete system with RAM, case and 2x decent SSDs.

FrankTL

Aug 9, 2022
Totally silent server. Fully tested and working great.

Offered on STH for $350 obo, shipped free to USA destinations.
I'd rather not deal with international shipping (sorry).
I accept payment by PayPal.
System is complete server. A bit older now but really able to do a lot. Perfect for small Proxmox server, eSXI, pfSense, freeNAS (though not much room for disks) or other light/medium duty server tasks.

Chassis has room for 2 more 2.5" drives, though the remaining SATA ports on the MB are SATA-II (the two installed SSDs are on the SATA-III ports). I've run M.2 NVMe drives in it on a 1U carrier board, but with no internal airflow they do get quite warm.

Both drives have been wiped. You'll need to load your own OS.
the bolded part interests me; I'm trying to revive/refresh my A1SAi-2750F, and I got a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB inteded as data storage for ESXi, inserted on a 1U PCIe M2 M-slot adapter. However, nothing gets detected in the BIOS and in ESXi 7.
lspci doesn't show anything. I've updated the BIOS, which now has an 'NVMe Storage' entry in the BIOS, but no difference. The storage option ROM is set to 'UEFI' in the PCIe section of the BIOS.

Is there a trick to make the Supermicro motherboard detect the NVMe M2 in the PCIe card?

edit: a faulty SSD caused this issue ; swapped it and now everything works fine with the latest BIOS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28354

I just need the mobo and memory. What's your best price on that?